Muzzle Destroyer

Melody Grey

Visit site
I'm approaching my wits end with the welshie in my profile pic destroying muzzles- we're on our third this year, he just keeps chewing through the bottom of them (various brands of the bucket type ones).

I'm thinking Greenguard is the only way forward unless anyone has any other more durable suggestions?

I've been trying to find alternatives- I haven't used greenguards before and looking at them I can't see that they can reduce grass intake that much?

We're already in a small, grazed down field. Horse is not laminitic but I definitely don't want any more weight on him, it feels like a losing battle this year!

be positive

Visit site
I don't use muzzles preferring to restrict grazing and increase exercise but did use a greenguard last summer so 1 pony could stay out with his best friend, I had been given it some years before so thought it worth a try, it certainly reduced his intake, he took about 10 mins to work out how to eat with it on and to me they look less uncomfortable than having a bucket type, I believe they are not great for the teeth but mine only had it for a short time while the excess weight came off.

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
I've tried every muzzle going - and now have the horse in a small grazed down strip overnight and he's in during the day with a small amount of timothy haylage and a large net of oat straw. Muzzles just don't work on him!