Muzzle for a Jack Russell?

Brummyrat

Visit site
Hi everyone, can somebody please recommend a muzzle for our JR? When we go for long walks he has to have one on as he came to us as an 8 yr old rescue and just doesn't do other dogs, he is much better than when he first arrived in that he doesn't get hysterical when he sees another dog but if they come to say hello all hell breaks out and without a muzzle he'd have them. At the moment we use a Baskerville but because he has a deep jaw, it starts to rub his nose when he's panting and the next size up is too big for his small head. I don't use it on normal walks but long walks in the park means it has to come out. In July we're taking him to the Lakes so I need something comfy for him. The ones which look like a windsock are too small and Im worried if I pad the Baskerville it'll just make it smaller. Any ideas gratefully received.

Bellasophia

Visit site
If his muzzle is a good fit,but rubs,why not sew some soft cloth eg sheepskin on the rubbing edge to protect his nose?

cbmcts

Visit site
I use an ultra on my JR - second size - even though he's got a tiny head. He is an expert at escaping from a standard muzzle so he has to wear the hannibal lecter version :)

Brummyrat

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, Im not sure if its the Ultra but I'll find out and definitely look to getting one if it isn't, I though about stitching padding in but it would make less room for him to pant when he's galloping which I wanted to avoid. I'll go shopping....! x