My beautiful Fuzzy is gone

Ceriann

Visit site
My lady was so loved and the way she lived has to outweigh the way she died. I am a better horse owner because of her and I will treasure so many memories. Thank you all so much for the messages - it's not everyone that understands.

My long suffering OH was so upset too - she was always his preferred horse to lead because she was so gentle. If you love them it's always going to hurt.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
So so sorry for your sad loss of your lovely mare. We all want them to live forever and it's shocking when their life is cut short. RIP beautiful Fuzzy and big hugs to you.

SO1

Visit site
What a horrible shock so sorry for your loss.

Looks like her last day was at least spent enjoying some lovely tasty grass.

mhorses

Visit site
So sorry to hear, take it easy tomorrow and focus on how lucky she was to be with you for so many years without being thrown from one owner to the next. You should be really proud for what you did for her. Hugs.

Ceriann

Visit site
Feed time this morning was heartbreaking - only two expectant faces not three. Fuzzy was such a big presence (though she rarely ran for her feed) and loved her tuck. I would top my younger mares feed with hay to slow her down and stop her stealing Fuzzys.

My other two are very subdued and one (Fuzzys companion for close to two years) sniffed where Fuz went down again (they both spent a bit of time there yesterday). They definitely understand something isn't quite right.