my boy has gone!

bungalowpickle

Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their kind help and advice.
Rebel has gone today to a new home, she is a young girl that wants to buy him but needs some time to get the money together so I have given him to her on a years loan and she is supposed to pay for him within the year.
I was so lucky to have found Rebel and he was a pleasure to own and i've been fortunate enough to have had 5 wonderful years with him. I can't believe how heart breaking it was to watch my dream horse being driven away knowing i will never ride him again, I haven't cried like that since my son was eventually born alive and well.
I'm so lucky to have my beautiful son and a fabulous husband and i'm so thankful for that and i wouldn't change them for the world.
So good luck to you all enjoy your horses cos somehow i don't think you can fully appreciate things until they are gone.
Thanks again for all the support and help you've given me particularly the_skewbald.
Love and hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Oh dear I am so sorry you have had to say goodbye to Rebel, I am assuming you will still get regular updates on him and perhaps get to see him now and again - not much consolation though I guess. I am so grateful that I am now after so many years of dreaming a horse owner, I hug George every night and say a huge thank you.

Big {{hugs}} to you.

moodiestmare

Visit site
Sorry to hear he has gone.

How did you sort it out so quickly though? It can't have been more than 2 days ago you said you had no idea what to do with him.

bungalowpickle

Visit site
This girl had been to see him a while ago but cos she couldn't pay now it meant that we would probably lose our flat in january so we really needed to sell him but at the end of the day he was getting more and more miserable being out 24/7 and when we went up to him today he had a cut on his leg where he'd been kicked a really bad weeping eye from the flies because his fly mask wasn't on and a really swollen neck where he'd been bitten so for his sake we decided that it would be best if he just went and the longer things took the more depressed i was getting.
So luckily the girl was really excited and wanted to come straight away.
Very sad, but very exciting for her i hope that he brings her as much love and joy he has given me.

bungalowpickle

Visit site
had never lost the passport i just didn't want to give it to them until they bought the horse i was always told that if someone is in possession of a horses passport they can sell the horse

perfectpolly

Visit site
i'm glad to hear it has worked out ( kind of ) for you. i put my horse on loan, before i sold him,( also due to having a baby)which made it slightly easier as i still had contact for a while etc....made the transition to selling him less of a shock as i knew he was happy and the new owner could handle him.
i hope it all goes well for him and you.

nikkiportia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
had never lost the passport i just didn't want to give it to them until they bought the horse i was always told that if someone is in possession of a horses passport they can sell the horse

[/ QUOTE ]

The passport belongs to the horse, not the owner. It is not proof of ownership.
For proof of ownership you should have a contract drawn up detailing the conditions of the loan and repayment arrangements.

niagaraduval

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The passport belongs to the horse, not the owner. It is not proof of ownership.
For proof of ownership you should have a contract drawn up detailing the conditions of the loan and repayment arrangements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I hope you got a contract in black and white. If not, you'll be setting yourself up for an even more heartbreaking experience. I'm glad you found someone for him though. I'm wishing the best for both you and him. Although 2 days is awfully awfully quick.

jen1

Visit site
Glad to hear he has a home, was it the one 200 miles away? Just as others have said though hope you have some sort of contract with the girl and if it doesn't work out will you have him back? Best of luck, hope your life turns round and you get your accomodation sorted out, let us know how you get on!