MY Burghley report -longish

christian

RaThEr-bE-RiDiN0610.bebo.com
yes... me!!
I jumped at Burghley yesterday in the PC team SJing
smile.gif

It was the biggest course I have ever tackled! And I have only been riding Finnie a month- but her owner was with me and filled me with confidence and I walked the course feeling fairly happy, taking care to distance myself from my team mates as they would no doubt have filled me with their concerns about jumps I was perfectly happy with...

Anyway Finnie warmed up well, and the 1st two members of our team jumped supreisingly clear- Barlow hunt have never done well at SJing- then I went...

Finnie jumped wonderfully! She napped a little to fence 1, then jumped well up to number 6- the treble. She went for a long one then chipped in, and could simply not pick up over it- she tried and it fell. I was gutted but she jumped parts 2 and 3 of the treble beautifully!- somehow! We recovered and jumped the rest well- apart from a sticky nappy momenty on the apprach to 8 but we recovered well to keep the rest of the jumps in tact. Our 4th member didn't do so well so i was delighted not to be the drop score!

1 team out of 37 managed to get 3 clears, and there were 8 teams on 2 clears and a 4 faulter so places were decided on times. We finished 7th, which we were thrilled about as it is the first time as a branch we have been placed for years!!

I was thrilled with Finnie- it was out first outing together- (we were very much thrown in at the deepened- Burghley horse trials and all!) and the crowd and the jumps were very spooky and she behaved impeccably! It was a brilliant experience so I have high hopes for her for the future!!

Piks to follow in gallery....

beh

Visit site
Well done
laugh.gif
what a fab experience
grin.gif
...............Random note but my Pony Club (Wavaney Harriers) won it so rock on!!!!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

xxxxxxx

Thistle

Visit site
Well done, we probably saw you jump, Bee my daughter jumped testerday too for the second year running. She also got 4 faults but at the planks. The distance in the treble was funny, pony had to chip one in also. Kept going with feet tucked up but Bee pushed her a bit to the planks and she flattened. There were not many clears considering approx 140 jumped were there?

christian

RaThEr-bE-RiDiN0610.bebo.com
yeah reallynot many clears at all!!

I found the distance for the treble fine- but I have a big 16.3 beast with a long stride. I found it walked ok but i walked it for her- if you get me- and even after chipping in at the first part and jumping badly she still managed a good 1 stride through the 2nd and 3rd parts, but i did see a lot of small horses and ponies struggling with the distance there.