My cob is such a cool horse!!!

jen1

Visit site
Sorry a self indulgent post!!!

I got a phonecall from one of the liveries at my yard yesterday morning asking if she could borrow my horse to ride out on as she had someone coming to try her horse as a possible share. I said that he really isn't a novice ride and she would need to keep her wits about her. Her horse isn't exactly a walk in the park and she is a very competent rider.

She went off with the other horse about 9.30 saying they'd be about half an hour, half an hour came and went and no sign of them, by 45 mins I was getting worried when another livery came back from a hack saying she had just seen them and they were fine, another 30 mins or so went by then finally they came back AND.....

The livery had a huge grin on her face jumped off and said what a fantastic horse he is, she stood there hugging him and thanking me for letting her ride such a brilliant horse, MY GOD she said he goes on the bit, in a beautiful outline, you don't need to use any leg, he has the most comfortable canter in the world, and although he did a bit of bounding and bouncing along when they got to a big field to canter in he was really well behaved and only did one spook on the way home at a dog barking at them over a fence!! She thought being a cob he would be heavy, slow and would need loads of leg!!

Got to the yard last night and she had got me a bunch of flowers to say thanks!! She said that even the potential sharer liked my horse better, she said what a handsome horse I have!!!

Part of me is jealous of her as he does frighten the bejeeberz out of me many a time, but she really is a much better rider than me! But the fantastic bit is he was kicked in the field in Feb and sustained a broken leg, he had 16 weeks box rest and is only now really starting to work again and he was sooooo good for her!! I love my big boy what a star!! XXXXXXXXX
grin.gif

jen1

Visit site
Of course! First one is of the day he was sedated for his second set of x rays and my kids were cuddling him!

DSC00042.jpg

This was his first day out after box rest hence the boots!!

DSC00103.jpg

angiebaby

Visit site
Ooooooo I like very much!! what a good boy
smile.gif

My Sec D came back into work in June following a year off with a suspensory injury; He is more forward going than ever and is being so good, someone must have swapped him while I wasn't looking!

Tiffany

Visit site
He sounds an absolute superstar! Any piccies of your lovely cob?
smile.gif

It's always nice when someone else thinks your horse is as fantastic as you do
laugh.gif