My first ever derby and a slight 'i love my pony' post!

NewHeights_SJ

www.newheights-showjumping.co.uk
So, i've felt a little worried about the derby at addington ever since i decided to do it...and this morning i actually felt sick
crazy.gif
I kept thinking 'Im a showjumper what am i doing thinking i should jump logs and rails and and and...'

When we arrived at addington my nerves actually subsided a little, as the bank looked pretty do-able and the rest of the course seemed pretty inviting...but I soon felt sick again when it came time to walk the course. The first few were ok, but they had added a tiny fence before the bank, so you had to jump that, up the bank then down it on one stride to an upright
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
Plus the water looked massive and ive never jumped an open water before...

I took a deep breath and warmed up, Arctic warmed up really well and was very relaxed (perhaps too much!!)... i watched the person before me have problems at the bank and a couple splish splash through the water. Off i went...The first few fences jumped fine, except perhaps that i was so nervous i didnt let him canter forward too much but by the time we came to the third fence i had found a rhythm. Seven was the log out of the arena he popped it fine and cantered across the grass to the tiny fence, popped that and i pulled up at the top of the bank....and came perhaps a little too quiet off it and bless arty, he really picked up and jumped the fence at the bottom (looking back at the video i really flapped my elbows
blush.gif
) anyway through the 'devils dyke' and onto the water... numpty rider didnt really do *anything* so we cantered happily towards it and im sure Arctic thought 'thanks for the warning mum!!' He tried to pop it but just landed a foot on the tape... hey ho, popped through the double and the last without incident so finished on 4 faults!!!! Im pretty sure we picked up a bag full of time faults as well, since the time was tight and i was SO nervous!!

Anywho, i LOVE my pony, he so looked after me today! Im really looking forward to hickstead now!!

Video:

Thanks for reading!
N xx

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Enjoyed watching that, he looked as if he got a bit stronger than normal or is that just my imagination. He is so good for you, great to see how you have progresses. roll on hickstead

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
well done. i cant believe how much you have both got such a partnership in a relatively short space of time you should be proud of yourself (and your pony!) I knew you could do it and im sure you will both go on to great things
smile.gif
xxxx

Puppy

Visit site
I honestly think you own (IMO) the most enviable, stunning horse on HHO
smile.gif
smile.gif
And you make a fab partnership
smile.gif
Good luck for Hickstead
laugh.gif

jackson30

Visit site
Your my guinea pig- As I really want to do the Hicksted Novice Derby next year on my boy. But this year is too early as just come back from an injury, so please take loads of pics! By the way he is lovely.