My first ODE report (well my first ever report...)

FinkleyGladiator

Visit site
Well I enjoy reading all of yours so much I thought I'd do one of my own
tongue.gif

So off to Gt. Witchingham for a PC ODE to do our first intro class. Hacked down with a few excitments (people cantering past hedges, people from the yard being late so had to trot straight past poor Finn who thought it was time for his tigger impression
mad.gif
)

So we get there and start warming up and hes lovely! What a surprise for Mr. Giraffe! So after getting used to his new stilettos (his new 'hard ground' studs!) we went in the ring.
He did the best test hes ever done
smile.gif
(sorry about the quality of the pic- their from a video!)
20090530-174950.jpg

20090530-175015.jpg

20090530-175020.jpg

So pats and carrots
smile.gif

So onto the showjumping. Not usually our best phase but he was doing well today so i had a good feeling
smile.gif
Gave myself 10 mins to warm up , got down there trotted round a couple of times, went into canter and the steward said your in next!! I asked if i can have a jump and they said if your quick, the person in the rings going over the last fence!! So had 1 jump and went in. Saw a friend when we were walking the course yesterday and she told me , as he often gets too fast and flat in showjumping, to come back to trot at least twice in the round. I did it and got a lovely clear!

20090530-175145.jpg

20090530-175240.jpg

Finn obviously also thought hed done well (or just knew what was coming up next!) as he came out of the ring as he started whinnying and prancing around!

So onto the 'Good Bit'! He was really going forwards in the warm up (which he never does) and there was a wide range of fences to warm up over so got to jump a drop, a ditch and a few fences strung together to get hs mind on the job.

So left the start box all excited and flew the first (a nice palisaided brush) , 2 (steeplechase fence) and 3 (chair). Came to number 4( tiger trap going into a wood) and he flew even though it was very shadowy and dark. Lost all my reins over the log pile to rails combo but he stayed straight as a die! Flew over the scary roll top (which i hate!)
20090530-181349_1.jpg

20090530-181350.jpg

and jumped the drop like a pro and just popped over the coffin
20090530-175415.jpg

20090530-175418.jpg

and then over the scary viaduct with horse-eating flowers (which , luckily, he forgot about today!)
20090530-175428.jpg

over the biggest trakhener (which I hate!) and through the 1st water. As it wasnt timed I let him trot between the 2 waters as it was very hot out there today. Straight through the water and over the jetty

20090530-175502.jpg

then the 1/2 coffin
20090530-175520_0.jpg

lovely jump over the arrowhead, think they forgot to put 2nd sleeper on pipes as it was tiny! Through the sheep fold and over the last. I was so happy cause I wasnt expecting a double clear at our 1st try at this level!

Took him home for a sleep and went back up. Met NoSurrender and had a nice chat and saw one_in_a_million (but i dont think you recognised me!!)
Got my sheet and I'd got 41.79 for dressage
mad.gif
. I was expecting sub-40 and every time he opened his mouth the judge gave me a 5 however good or bad the movement was
frown.gif

But I'd come 8th out of 24. I am over the moon with my little 13.3 rescue pony!!

Lolo

Visit site
You looked fab, and as I said, can't believe it's the same pony that demolished the WH at the CRC show a year ago! Alice had the same judge, and I don't really do sour grapes but she was very inconsistent- she gave 6's for 4 movement in a row and in the first she wrote "needs to be rounder", then "much rounder"- maybe a 7, then?

He flew round- you mus be v. proud of your pingy pony!

OneInAMillion

Visit site
I did recognise you I was just having a lot of problems and not in a great mood with him after I was having to hang on to his ears (nearly) lol