My first report of 2010!

Mel85

Visit site
Ok don't get too excited...it was only dressage!! However it was our first outing and was a pretty good start to the year!

Went to unaffiliated dressage today, thinking that after all the BSJA outings we've had I really ought to start thinking about dressage again! Entered Novice 20 and Elementary 42. I've spent the last 2 days exhausting her sufficiently so she wouldn't explode today
grin.gif
Novice test first - she was a little fresh and was a bit tight through her back in some places and swinging her quarters. I had 1 test between mine so I came out and quickly got to work on a couple of walk to canter transitions and some counter canter, but H was not overly impressed with this, ears flat back, swishing her tail and bucking - she is definitely an event horse, she'll tolerate one test but two is pushing my luck
grin.gif
She got over her strop and did a lovely test, much looser than the first test.

Scored 65% for the novice test and finished 2nd and 67% for the Elementary and was a winner
grin.gif

Great start to 2010...lets hope it lasts!!!

Baydale

Visit site
Yay, that is a good start.
grin.gif
So are you in the only place in the UK that isn't frozen solid? If so, I shall send HH and Hec down by Parcelforce and you can get them going too.
tongue.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
Well done Hen, she'll have to be careful or you'll decide she's a dressage horse and then where would she be?? Fantastic result, when does the new boy get out??

Mel85

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done Hen, she'll have to be careful or you'll decide she's a dressage horse and then where would she be?? Fantastic result, when does the new boy get out??

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance of deciding she's a dressage horse...she's far too cool cross country for that to ever happen!!!

Will find something unaffiliated for new one soonish...just getting the basics sorted at home first.
grin.gif

Mel85

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yay, that is a good start.
grin.gif
So are you in the only place in the UK that isn't frozen solid? If so, I shall send HH and Hec down by Parcelforce and you can get them going too.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we are fairly frozen solid and had snow at home last night although must have been very localised as there was none at the yard, but the main roads were ok so was fine to travel and the dressage was indoors! I have had to box up and take her to unfrozen schools for the past couple of days in order to ride her and my jumping lesson was cancelled yesterday as school rock solid!

SpottedCat

Visit site
Fab news! Well done....my dressage was canceled but I can't say I'm too upset as it would have been a 5.45 start from the yard this morning!