My First SJ Fall - not the best of SoE reports!

Kelpie

Visit site
So, after Munstead being cancelled due to the snow, South of England yesterday was mine and Fin's first event of the season.

Fin was jumping like a flee in the SJ - to be honest he was a little too onward really but it was his first show of the season/ he was enjoying himself and anyway I'd noticed a number of other riders get time penalties so I figured we should go for it a bit!

See link below to pro pic page (hopefully) showing us about half way down (he's the only grey on the page).

http://www.everybodysmile.biz/spidg..._es21.php?Cat=11am to 12pm BE 100 SJ Saturday

That red jump at the end you see him jumping nicely..... well, that was the first part of a double with one stride between it. I know full well that Fin will sometimes chip in a little extra stride at a one stride double but I thought I knew better yesterday and I thought he'd fly it in just one stride. I was wrong. Fin jumped the second element admirably. I went splat right onto my hip. I now can't walk unaided and am thinking I probably ought to go to the hospital tomorrow for x-rays (I refuse to do A&E unless I'm unconscious or likely to bleed to death before waiting to go private).

Not sure I could have gone XC even if I was allowed but because I was splatted out on the SJ floor too long I was eliminated on the time anyway - soooo annoying as we were only about 3 strides out from the finish line :( .... and that XC course looked soooo nice, I was really looking forward to doing it - and I don't think Fin understood at all why we were going home without having done the fun bit!

Gah. And it's a lovely day today and me & Ritzy ought to be on an endurance ride. Instead I'm sitting indoors watching crap on TV and kidding myself that I'm going to use the time wisely and catch up with some work Can you tell I'm feeling sorry for myself?

j1ffy

Visit site
Ouch, poor you!! I'd definitely get it looked at if it doesn't start to improve soon. The pictures look great too, what a shame :(

Fiona

Visit site
What a pity :(

The photos are fantastic up to then .......

Hope you can get seen somewhere tomorrow if you haven't improved..

Fiona

Jingleballs

Visit site
Oh no poor you - not the start you were hoping for! It sounds like it was going so well up until that point.

Fingers crossed you feel better soon - if not, definitely get it checked out just to be on the safe side!

McW

Visit site
I think saw you, it looked very unlucky IMO. Sorry you didn't get to go XC. Hoe you feel better!!

m1stify

Visit site
Go to hospital :) don't want to alarm you but I couldn't walk unaided after a fall and had a broken pelvis.

vic07

Visit site
Eek- sounds really unlucky. Nice pictures. Definitely get checked out though. Not that I'd be any better!!!

I think you might have a pic on uptown eventing.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Eek! Poor you. :(

He looks fab in all the photos.

I have done exactly the same as you with the same consequences. Being on a pony of a similar size, I've taken off before she has and the outcome has been either that or a smashed face on her neck/poll and seeing stars.

Hope your hip is bruised and nothing else xx

lex2501

Visit site
Oh b*gger :( You poor thing! The photos look like you were having the most brilliant round as well! Sounds very similar to my experience at Tweseldown earlier this season so I know how infuriating it is.

I hope your injury isn't serious and a bit of rest is all that's needed :)

Kelpie

Visit site
thanx everyone :)

Couldn't get a doc's appointment today but have one for tomorrow :) .... in the meantime I have wine and an OH to muck out for me ;)