My friend wants to loan her eventer..alittle assistance pls also in CR

redmerl

Visit site
My friend wants to loan her event/top RC horse, how do we find someone suitable?

Is there a particular website that is good?

Horse is 16HH 10 year old with 3 BE points and clears up at all RC events and was on last years champion RC SJ team. She also took me SJ and HT last year for the first time in years. She wants a family home where she will be loved.

Would it be acceptable to ask for references and comp experience? Who would a good reference be from? I have only loaned a happy hack, so I'm not much help!

Ta much!

Meandtheboys

Visit site
vet home - yes
references - yes
contract - yes
insurance - yes

I recommend all the above, I paid £20 to drawn an agreement up to loan my horse out. I hope this helps........

_April_

Visit site
Agree with all anya says
smile.gif

When I have loaned/ridden for people I have offered references from my previous loan owners.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
And with so many horror stories of horses dissapearing or being sold on by people loaning them, ensure that the horse is Vetted, Freezemarked and Microchipped before going on loan. Also ask to see a copy of the driving licence, passport, rates and a utility bill of the person loaning the horse and photocopy them and then check out who they really are.

redmerl

Visit site
OOO! good idea guys.

Proof of ID-very important.

I'm glad asking for refs is ok. Would you expect to get them from prevous loaners, instructors ect?

Where would be best to advertise? She isn't a plod, but nothing a quiet rider capable of an Intro cant cope with.

PcDavies

Visit site
As I'm currently dealing with someone who pretends to offer a lovely loan home whilst actually selling them on, I would seriously do the following. NB -I have at least found the horse.

Visit the person at their home address. -Write down where it is.
See at least one form of ID, driving licence is one of the best. -Again keep details of it.
Take the horse to the location, rather than letting the horse go to -who knows where.
Get the horse freezemarked or microchipped. This means there's a unique identification to your horse (so no dispute at a later date)
References may be fake, so dont pay too much attention to it.

Best place to advertise is local riding clubs, tack shops etc. Keep it local. There are some great people out there, just a shame a few are spoiling it.

Twinkletoes

Visit site
Totally agree with Pcdavis - keep it local. Ask your farrier / dentist / instructor if they have any clients looking for that sort of horse. Very best of luck.

CBAnglo

Visit site
I would also take pictures of the horse and have these signed and dated by the loaner to indicate that the overall condition of the horse when it went on loan.

The number of horses I see coming back half starved and requiring vet attention. If the horse isnt in acceptable condition when returned the loaner should be obliged to pay for all reasonable vet/farrier bills to get the horse back into the condition it was in when it went out on loan. Obviously this has to be reasonably i.e. if horse was on box rest etc due to injury you cant expect it to have a wonderful topline etc.