My girls ( and boy!)

Mariposa

Visit site
There have been a few polo threads today...so I thought I'd brave it and introduce my polo ponies!

I have 2 lovely mares, Prima (a TB) and Nutria ( Argentine) and have been lent a really gorgeous gelding, Toki ( Australian!), for the season. Nutria is my solid, honest safety blanket, Prima is seriously sharp and fast, and Toki is an absolute gent! He's feeling very well at the moment so puts in these tiny little bucks which don't even shift you from the saddle..and he seems almost apologetic!

Anyway, here they are, the loves of my life :)

This is Prima:
IMG_2987.jpg

Toki snoozing...which he does an awful lot!
IMG_3050.jpg

Prima and Nutria
P1030579.jpg

Post polo munching by the lorry at polo ( excuse the sweat marks!) Toki is actually leaning over Prima's rope...oops.
P1030582.jpg

In the field..
IMG_3180.jpg

And my usual view!
IMG_3137.jpg

Sorry there are so many and they are so large!

Mariposa

Visit site
Thank you :D They are very chilled out ponies! They come in early for their breakfast and then all lie down for a snooze whilst listening to Classic FM!

Amy&

Visit site
Stunning! All these polo threads are very tempting, may have to book a lesson at my local polo yard!

Mariposa

Visit site
Hogging their manes certainly makes it easier for us! Although must be said, Prima has a bit of a weedy neck and actually looks much better with a mane!

Stunning! All these polo threads are very tempting, may have to book a lesson at my local polo yard!

Oh do it! You might love it!!

Mariposa

Visit site
Thank you! They are very fit now - although Nutria could probably come up a bit, she came in from the winter looking wide as a barrel!

It is hard trying to balance their feed with the amount of energy they need - whilst not over heating them. Prima drops weight so quickly if she has a hard game, and needs lots of energy, but if you give her too much she gets very sharp!

Equinus

Visit site
Ahhh that takes me back to my days as polo groom....more years ago than I care to remember. Lovely ponies.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
There have been a few polo threads today...so I thought I'd brave it and introduce my polo ponies!

I have 2 lovely mares, Prima (a TB) and Nutria ( Argentine) and have been lent a really gorgeous gelding, Toki ( Australian!), for the season. Nutria is my solid, honest safety blanket, Prima is seriously sharp and fast, and Toki is an absolute gent! He's feeling very well at the moment so puts in these tiny little bucks which don't even shift you from the saddle..and he seems almost apologetic!

Anyway, here they are, the loves of my life :)

This is Prima:
IMG_2987.jpg

Toki snoozing...which he does an awful lot!
IMG_3050.jpg

Prima and Nutria
P1030579.jpg

Post polo munching by the lorry at polo ( excuse the sweat marks!) Toki is actually leaning over Prima's rope...oops.
P1030582.jpg

In the field..
IMG_3180.jpg

And my usual view!
IMG_3137.jpg

Sorry there are so many and they are so large!

lovely ponies and what shiny coats love the lying down pic best