My goodness I've spent a lot of money!!!

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
On rugs and other 'stuff' my pony needs... And it's totally worth it!!!

Lottie has settled in wonderfully and I'm totally thrilled with her!!! I haven't yet ridden my pony... for a few reasons. Namely no bridle (until today) and still no saddle!! Also poorly child, repeatedly (bad cold then chicken pox - how miserable is that - 2 hours sleep for me last night) but it's a steep learning curve for me on how to fit small ill child and pony and work (inc speaking at a conference and my partner in crime leaving) and husband and dog into the day!!!

Totally worth it though to hear her call to me when I call her in the mornings, or watch her trot over to me in the field. I'm in no rush as she's young but I do need to get on with riding. Will prob ride bare back (I think she'll be fine she's so chilled) and discussing at my mums this weekend (depending in the ill child) how much money my family are giving me for Xmas to buy a saddle (and sell my saddle that doesn't fit her) before I get the saddler out. Then in the new year we can crack on.

She had her teeth done last week too and was a star. Didn't mind at all. Not sure whether to get the Physio out before riding her too or just to get on with it. She has a few tight bits when I do ET on her so it might be!!

Sprig

Visit site
Brilliant. You sound so happy with her and she sounds like a fabulous pony.
I have just been though the saddle fitting saga with my, similarly shaped, pony and I had my saddle fitter back on Tues. Finally we have something the pony, me and the saddle fitter are all happy with. It is a Black Country WH and I am so pleased with it, it is a lovely lovely saddle. PM me if you want to know what is in my 'best of the rest' stash, I am not planning on advertising them until spring. I would be happy for you to 'try before you buy' if you thought any of them might work for you (none are expensive anyway).
I hope your child is feeling better soon and that your sleep ration goes up significantly!

atlantis

Brilliant. You sound so happy with her and she sounds like a fabulous pony.
I have just been though the saddle fitting saga with my, similarly shaped, pony and I had my saddle fitter back on Tues. Finally we have something the pony, me and the saddle fitter are all happy with. It is a Black Country WH and I am so pleased with it, it is a lovely lovely saddle. PM me if you want to know what is in my 'best of the rest' stash, I am not planning on advertising them until spring. I would be happy for you to 'try before you buy' if you thought any of them might work for you (none are expensive anyway).
I hope your child is feeling better soon and that your sleep ration goes up significantly!

Yes I am delighted with her and I'm so happy with pony ownership I've sort of forgotten the point is to ride!!!

I do need to crack on though. Don't want her forgetting anything, although on the lunge her canter work has improved massively. No incorrect strike off at all tonight and she's only being lunged a few times a week to keep her ticking over. She loves a good loose school too but we're not allowed. I realised that half way through that the fences if the school are a but low and she might jump out. She didn't so I checked with YO. Will PM you!!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Nice to hear your news and how things are settling...sorry to hear about poorly child colds and chicken pox doing the rounds here too. Lucky you having a family which will give cash for xmas which you can spend on horsey..mine wont.

kez81

Visit site
Oooof! Thats the kind of noise I make fairly regularly after buying something else my boys might need lol! Today it was Hippus Polo Pelham at £130, better bloomimg be worth it ;) Glad you are enjoying being a pony owner, for bareback I thoroughly recommend Best Friend Bareback pads for comfort and grip in sticky moments!

atlantis

Oooof! Thats the kind of noise I make fairly regularly after buying something else my boys might need lol! Today it was Hippus Polo Pelham at £130, better bloomimg be worth it ;) Glad you are enjoying being a pony owner, for bareback I thoroughly recommend Best Friend Bareback pads for comfort and grip in sticky moments!

I know it's daft isn't it. I don't think comfort will be an issue but stick ability might and I don't want to scare her (don't think she'd like it if I fall off, she on the flighty side of sensible and I want her to have a good experience) I'll have a look thanks.

Nice to hear your news and how things are settling...sorry to hear about poorly child colds and chicken pox doing the rounds here too. Lucky you having a family which will give cash for xmas which you can spend on horsey..mine wont.

I know I am lucky they've just resigned to it this time round. Child is a bit better and slept last night but I'm having to Gentky rub her back constantly!!! Better than her scratching I suppose.

noodle_

Visit site
what a lovely thread :]

My horse never has enough stuff either...i cant ride her at the moment [being re-backed very very slowly]... but nice to buy her things still :D

no wonder we have no money :D

black friday dosent help......... :D

atlantis

what a lovely thread :]

My horse never has enough stuff either...i cant ride her at the moment [being re-backed very very slowly]... but nice to buy her things still :D

no wonder we have no money :D

black friday dosent help......... :D

Now that is dangerous!!! Lots of sales on new saddles just looking at a t4 cob gp!!!