my horse has died

kellyeaton

Visit site
i am so sorry for your loss! once the post morotom has been done at least you will know what has happened and your head will stop going round in circles wondering why. if you want to see him go and see him other wise you will never forgive your self!xx

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Oh I am so sorry darling. So many hugs to you.

If you want to see, go. I remember the time I spent with Tiggy as being the best way (for me) of saying goodbye: I know she couldn't hear what I was saying, but it meant everything to me. Sorry, crying now. Hugs hunny.

Hippona

Visit site
Babes....I'm so sorry
frown.gif

(((((((hugs))))))))))

katelarge

Visit site
Oh no, I am gutted for you, trying not sit here and cry! It's our worst nightmare, but in a way it might be better for him to have gone quickly than have endured a long and debilitating illness. Though the suddennness makes it SO hard for you. I can only offer you a massive virtual hug and echo what others have said - if you really want to see him, do it, even if it's only a peep.

It's not quite the same, but after my brother-in-law died of cancer I went to see his body and was VERY comforted by it. I brushed his lapels, made sure he looked smart, talked to him, and wasn't in the least freaked out. But only you can decide what's right - don't be pressured.

quirky

Visit site
Very sad, I feel for you.
If you want to say goodbye, you go. I doubt it will upset you anymore than you are already.

(((Hugs))) whatever you choose to do.

trundle

Visit site
I am so, so sorry, how horrible for you. I echo the others - if you want to go and see him and say goodbye, please do. The chance to say goodbye will stay with all your good memories of him.

lannerch

Visit site
So sorry!

Do whats best for you, and keep hold of all those good memories they will help you get through this traumatic time.x

stacey_lou

Visit site
Nuttymanxmare I am so sorry for your loos.I think I am going to go up and see him tiday I think I need to so that i can believe it. No one will be up the yard around lunch so I can sneek a look with out ppl telling me its a bad idea.
maybe ill make him look att pretty and that. ]
I just can believe my poor baby is dead I duno what am going to dod with out him

chnace3-1.jpg

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
So sorry for your loss.
frown.gif

If your YP made you promise not to go and see him, she may be trying to protect you from further upset.
When horses have heart attacks, although they die right away, the legs sometimes keep moving afterwards and it might look to you as though he has suffered.
So bear this in mind if you chose to see him.
S
frown.gif

stacey_lou

Visit site
thank you for that and I did bare that in mind when I was thinking about seeing him but now I think I know I have to go and say a real good by and thank you for being the biggest part of my life for so many years.
Bless hm and I have been through so many ups and downs and my accidents and hes been ill wiht cholic and he had a tumor a few years back and we travelled miles to make it better and I suppose i thought he could get through anythng but not ths time, wouldnt blame him for just having enough and wanting a rest

Elle1085

Visit site
Oh i'm so sorry what a terrible shock for you. You have to deal with it in your own way and if you need to see him and say goodbye then you should but maybe get someone to go with you for support even if you see him alone. Try to remember him as you loved him ((((hugs)))))

Ravenwood

Visit site
You poor thing, what an awful shock
frown.gif

Just a blessing though I suppose that he went instantly and didn't suffer - small comfort I know.

Hugs to you.

Rollin

Visit site
So sorry what a terrible shock.

Did you want to go and see him?

Make sure you do what you want to do. I have had two old horses pts and each time I wanted to touch and stroke them after they were dead, the same with my cats. For me it was important to say goodbye in this way.

As I said do what you want to do - and you might want to keep a lock of his mane.

Hugs

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
Thanks. I think thats what makes it hard for me I didnt see her. I was going to go over in July but its too late now.

Shes already been taken as the vets arranged everything within the hour for me.
frown.gif
frown.gif

So in six weeks time I will have all her ashes back.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

stacey_lou

Visit site
Thank you guys youve helped me reach a decision and I am going to go before they take him away but there is no way am going to watch them load him! I coudnt. And taking a lock of his mane is a really nice idea and I think ill do that
His ashes will be put in a box with a plaque on it and ill keep them for ever. Had him 8 years this year and hes my first horse to.My firend whos all mumsy and used to own him is coming with me so it will be closure for both of us x

black_horse

Visit site
QR

Oh darling i am so sorry for your loss :'( this post has brought a tear to my eye! The only condolense is that hopefully it was quick and he wasnt aware it was happening. My uttermost sympatheis and heartfelt vibes. ((((HUGS))))

RIP little pony, run wild, run free in heaven above xxx

silverbreeze

Visit site
Good luck with your goodbye, it helps to see them and cry your goodbye tears. I lost my boy suddenly a few months back and although i was with him when he died I had his body transported to a place I could sit with him, stroke him and see him one last time.
Although this does not take the pain away it is something you need to do as you will never rest if you don't..
Don't be afraid to touch him, take some of his tail as a keepsake and cuddle him until you are ready to leave and let yourself cry. Obviously he will be cold etc but he is still your baby
I feel for you immensly, just keep on going. I put a post on here with pictures of my boy and his story etc and everyone was absolutely brilliant and it really does help as there are so many people who understand your loss.
There are loads of people to PM if you want to just let stuff out that you don't want the world to see; me being one of them.
Good luck x x x RIP

Daffodil

Visit site
I am so so sorry - this must be an awful shock.
Agree with everyone else here. Your YO might be trying to protect you but in the end the decision whether you go to see your horse must be yours. This is the only chance you'll have to say goodbye. Take a friend with you if that would help. But I don't think that not saying goodbye properly will help you in the long run.

Hugs (((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))) xx

Twinkletoes

Visit site
As everyone above, I am so genuinely sorry for your loss. You sound like you have been a wonderful owner, and absolutely doted on him, so please try to remember he 'went' safe in the knowledge that he had a fabulous life, spoilt, cared for, and incredibly loved. Many horses never experience all of these. I think its lovely his old owner can come too, he clearly had a great fan base.
I found a strange reassurance in sitting with my mare after she had passed away, I said my goodbyes, and took some of her mane. Dont be in the slightest bit embarrassed or anything to say your goodbyes, and take your time. Your YO and others will purely have wanted to protect you, and they will all be there to help you through such a difficult time.
Run free lovely horse x

Fransurrey

Visit site
So sorry to read about your loss, OP. I found my pony dead at the beginning of April and although it was a shock (despite him being old and me half expecting it), I would strongly advise you to see him before he goes.

I had to keep going into the stable to 'check', over and over again. My brain wouldn't believe what my eyes were telling it and that night I panicked in bed thinking that maybe he wasn't actually dead and I'd shut the top and bottom door on a very sick pony (he was still warm when I found him).

I did what Silverbreeze suggests and took some of his tail before he was taken away and sat with him, just coming to terms with it. I stroked him, told him how much he meant to me.

I did see him loaded up, although it wasn't meant to be that way (the huntsman was too quick and I didn't have time to leave with Henry, so Henry saw him loaded up, too). Although it was the most undignified thing (he was taken in a HiLux, as he's a shettie and it meant the chap could drive right up to the stable), I didn't find it traumatic. To me it was just a body. It was surreal, but not my 'Little B'.

Take care of you. Hugs from me, ((()))xx

charlie55

Visit site
Oh hun, im really sorry. Its very hard. I went through the same thing in March, my boy was found in the field. I got 'the' call an hour before i was going to get him in for the night. Its the biggest shock in the world.. I did go and say good bye, i think i was laying in the field with him for 2 hours, didnt want to leave him, it will be better if you go and say goodbye. It will help you grieve.

Thinking of you x

Nailed

Visit site
((((hugs))))

Hun, If you want go and see him and say GOOdbye. GO. Its the worst thing in the world, I can't tell you if the loss gets easier.. i dont know.. i just dont know. I hope it does. I really do..

lOU X