My horse makes me happy because...

JustKickOn

Visit site
Thought a happy post after a sunny Sunday would be nice.

My horse makes me happy because every day she puts a smile on my face. She gives kisses and loves a cuddle. Today she let me hop on bareback, just her head collar and pottered around the school but kept stopping to reach round and nibble my boots!

There really is something about a horse that is good of the inside of man.

Please share yours :)

Queenbee

Visit site
What a lovely post, couldn't agree more!

My horse makes me happy because, if he isn't already waiting for me at the gate when I arrive, when he sees or hears me he lifts his head, whinneys a welcome and canters to meet me. I ask him for a kiss and he proffers his lips for one, even in the middle of his dinner. He adores jumping, so do I, his excitement when walking into an arena to compete is infectious and the synchronicity that I feel when we are jumping just feeds my soul. When hacking, if I say "go, go, go!" We fly through the air at a gallop, then I can sit up hold the reins in one hand and have a steady canter while conversing with a friend! He is amazing and makes me happy because one of his favourite things is exploring, he loves new hacks and canters without fear in new places. My horse makes me happy because I was so scared and sure that after losing ebony I would sell him, that no other horse would hold my heart or make me happy, without him I would not be riding now.

Jo1987

Visit site
Mine makes me happy because he's a sweet and gentle soul, he's a 5 year old traditional cob with long white eyelashes and curly feathers. He's up for anything and surprises me endlessly with his attitude to work, athleticism and ability. I feel so lucky to have found such a good horse as, if I'm honest, I bought him because I fell in love with his big white face!

orbvalley

Visit site
My horse make me happy because he's my best friend.
Even when he's awful I still love him.
When I'm awful he still loves me.
He's my forever horse.

Tobiano

Visit site
My horse makes me happy because I know I am so lucky to have found him! He is a sweet, gentle character who really looks after me. Everyone who knows him adores him. He is a very pure soul.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I love the way my old girl sees me driving down the lane and comes to the gate for dinner

But as soon as she hears my voice her ears flick forward and she looks really happy to see me. When I'm not talking her ears sit to the side like she's very indifferent :)

My mini Shetland is uncatchable but follows me around when I muck outthe field , making sure he's far enough behind that I can't grab him, hehe. And his gorgeous little neigh when I bring his dinner out

My gelding because he's so cute, and has become a brave boy in the last few weeks. He's becoming a nice horses. And despite going through a lot in his short life. He has taken it all in his stride and doesn't get stressed

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
My old horse makes me happy just because he's been such a huge and wonderful part of my life for nearly 18 years, and at 23 he is still up for fun!

Tinner makes me happy because of his delightful personality, his gentle playfulness and his general kindness, and he works with me and tries for me, well, most of the time!

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Mine makes me happy cos 1 year ago he was diagnosed with ulcers and sacroiliac pain and it was 50/50 whether I would ever ride him again ....today he led another horse out on a beautiful sunny hack and was the model of good behaviour. So proud of my brave little man.

Visit site
Because he is a cheeky chap who has lots of character and just watching him getting up to mischief is enough to put a smile on my face. :) He also gives good cuddles and kisses and is just generally fab in every way. :)

Firefly9410

Visit site
Because I can be myself with them, they are peaceful creatures and they do not make unreasonable demands, which is the opposite of most people I have found.

Kikke

Visit site
Well....

Belle makes me happy because she ALWAYS tries and is just amazing!
Muffin makes me happy because there is not a pony more cheeky then her and she will always try it on!
Turnip makes me happy because he is the biggest teddybear and just wants to be your best friend as try what ever you ask of him!

Visit site
my horse makes me happy because she is the kindest most loving/caring horse EVER! you can ride her anytime you want bareback, with a saddle, just in a head collar, would never stop at a jump and has the most kindest temperament ever. She is called Twinkle, a Bay New Forest Mare! This is a lovely post! :)

googol

Visit site
He is sooo cheeky and full of character! Nothing fazes him and if something works him up he gets over it in minutes, why can't I be more like him lol
Plus he's gorgeous and very clever!

LuckyMare

Visit site
My most recent reason is with my youngster, the way she whinnies at me if she sees me through any window in the house- cue big grin every time!

Kat

Visit site
........she is all my dreams come true!

Really! I spent nearly 30 years wishing for my own horse and when I finally bought a highly strung 3yr old I knew exactly what I was doing wrong and really should have given myself a stern talking to but for some reason I bought her. She has surpassed every hope I had for my first horse and could not be more perfect, and she is beautiful too!

kez81

Visit site
Old Fella - because he gave me back my love of horses when I thought I had lost it for good. If he hadnt found me I would have given up for good and have let my depression make me even more ill than I was. For giving me back a piece of me and helping me to re-bond with my children when I felt so low I didnt even feel like I could be a mother anymore, I just didnt feel worthy. For always greating me with a grumble, happy if I am ontime with his tea or a telling off if I am even five minutes late! For giving me the confidence to buy the big fella when everyone else said I was totally nuts buying an uncut, unhandled three year old.

Big fella - for being my best friend, my soul mate in every respect. For having the best loving and cheeky character. For being so strong and brave that he will "take on" big scary tractors or loose boar yet so gentle and trustworthy that my kids can run around with him in the field and he always watches where they are and is so careful around them and has taught himself to lie down so the little ones can climb on and give him his massage (ie roll around on him!). I can kiss him and cuddle him for hours and he never gets grumpy about it, he will happily snooze loose in field with his head in my lap or me laying up against him. He is the best pillow in the world. Above all for saving my daughters life when she had a seizure in the field after she followed me up without me knowing. She needed medical assistance afterwards and had he not come to get me and show me what was wrong I dread to think what would have happened.

Newfie - for being the most fun yet safe pony little girls could wish for yet yet not being boring and having enough cheek to keep them riding properly without ever being afraid. For standing so patiently when the girls thought it great to paint him blue from ears to tail with chalk (he is bay normally) and for being doubly patient when it came to washing it all off! For the gentle grace and understanding he showed to my big girl letting her cry on his shoulder after a bad incident with a bully at school, mummy cuddles were not enough she needed her boy to make it better. For being my little girls partner in crime when it comes to farm mischief! For providing endless amusement with his ability to open any gate, lock, clip or box and run off with something just as I need it. For the funny little squeel, buck and fart he does after a roll!

I really wish I could say this to my boys and have them understand everyword of how much they mean to me.