My latest adveture. I have taken on my own yard! PICS

charlie76

Visit site
Three weeks ago I took the plunge to take on and run my own little livery yard in Berkshire. It was a very scary prospect and its very hard work at the mo but here are a few pics:

newyard7.jpg

newyard10.jpg

newyard6.jpg

Outdoor arena

Stables
newyard18.jpg

newyard12.jpg

newyard3.jpg

newyard14.jpg

newyard17.jpg

newyard13.jpg

feedroom

newyard11.jpg

newyard5.jpg

newyard2.jpg

newyard1.jpg

4.jpg

What do you think? We have 25 acres and I have just (hopefully) secured some more!

BeckyD

Visit site
Crikey that's a really stunning yard :eek: Wish you were closer - Berkshire is far too far for me to travel :p

Good luck, how exciting setting up a new venture; hope it all works out for you.

claracanter

Visit site
Wish I lived in your neck of the woods, I'd be down there like a shot. I bet you will be fighting people off with a big stick. How many horses can you take?

And well done you for taking the risk. Good Luck.

charlie76

Visit site
Thank you! The pics were taken on arrival, since then we have built rug store and in the process of putting new boxes in the barn, and yes, I have A LOT of interest! The hacking is amazing as well, no road work, just miles of bridleways and river crossings and xc fences.
We have also extended the stables and having new post and rail and the grass has shot up!

HowenEdward

Visit site
OMG Its stunning!!! :eek: Your very near me, i'm in Bucks :D Could you PM me if you have room and whereabouts you are exactly?? I'd love to move there or have a looky xxx

ecrozier

Visit site
I am also interested in location as berks is next county aling! Could you give a town/village name perhaps so I can look up where you are as I am looking for a new yard at the moment :)

Carys

Visit site
Looks really lovely - yeh definitely wish I was nearer - especially love the photo of you taking the photo in the mirror !!!
Good luck & hope you get really nice liveries to go with it.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Well to echo everyone else, WOW, that is beautiful! Wishing you the very best of luck with your business venture, and my only word of advice is stand your ground, and don't make friends with your liveries too easily! Much better to start out tough and become nicer than the other way round as I have found.

Nicnac

Visit site
Wow - it looks fabulous. Bet that horse thinks he's arrived in horse heaven with 25 acres to himself at the moment :D (nice horse btw)