My latest foster dog.

silv

Visit site
This is Boo, (unfortunate name) he is my latest foster, has been here for a week and i absolutely adore him, not sure how I am going to let him go. He is here anyway till he is desexed which isn't for a couple of weeks. He is the most bouncy, happy, chatty boy and after being here for one night feels like part of the clan. He has been through a great deal in the past 3 weeks due to owner dying, but has taken it all in his stride. He is so easy, not bothered by next doors sheep, my horses, chickens, or cat and loves the other dogs. He may just end up staying but I really don't need 4 dogs.297593204_422940819869174_9026623658736361548_n.jpg297341306_5154259121366941_8145068074456537202_n.jpg298848680_384571890296869_5802088088729449433_n.jpg

planete

Visit site
This is Boo, (unfortunate name) he is my latest foster, has been here for a week and i absolutely adore him, not sure how I am going to let him go. He is here anyway till he is desexed which isn't for a couple of weeks. He is the most bouncy, happy, chatty boy and after being here for one night feels like part of the clan. He has been through a great deal in the past 3 weeks due to owner dying, but has taken it all in his stride. He is so easy, not bothered by next doors sheep, my horses, chickens, or cat and loves the other dogs. He may just end up staying but I really don't need 4 dogs.View attachment 97552

View attachment 97553View attachment 97551
Nor did I! :D

misst

Visit site
Now look at that adorable face, gaze into his eyes and say "I am not keeping you". Alternatively send him here :)

silv

Visit site
Is he an old boy? I'd be a crap fosterer, I'd keep them all. ??

He is 10 but doesn't know it. It is hard to let them go sometimes. But in the case of my last one a failed sheep dog, whom I loved dearly and had for 6 months it was better for her to go to a home with another young dog to play with. She went to someone in my village and still comes back when they go away on holiday etc. she is living the best life.

If I keep him then it means that I don't really have room for another foster, have never had more than 4 before.

Clodagh

Visit site
He is 10 but doesn't know it. It is hard to let them go sometimes. But in the case of my last one a failed sheep dog, whom I loved dearly and had for 6 months it was better for her to go to a home with another young dog to play with. She went to someone in my village and still comes back when they go away on holiday etc. she is living the best life.

If I keep him then it means that I don't really have room for another foster, have never had more than 4 before.
Pah! We always said no more than 3. I have 8. ?

planete

Visit site
I understand the problem of not being able to foster any longer if you keep him. Our failed foster, the fourth dog, forced my hand as she would have been unrehomable without the lengthy rehabilitation she got over the next few months. I had always managed to let our fosters go before but was also getting a bit too old and decrepit for hooligan lurchers and knew it was a good time to stop. This chap looks as if he will fit in easily and happily with an ordinary family if he does not have any special needs. With my serious hat on, I would say, rehome him and have room for the next needy soul.

cbmcts

Visit site
I'm a failed fosterer - and had to get another dog for the foster dog :) However, over the years, when I had a stable pack I had many foster dogs and did let them go. Most of the dogs came to me for a short time, to give them a break from kennels, recover from castration or spaying and to assess them in a home. Usually they were young male rotties, in rescue because of their bad attitudes and it was always fun turning them around. I was usually happy to wave them off to their new homes though.

Mind you, my first rescue Rotties were a mother and daughter - mum was a hospice foster, she had bone cancer - and her daughter came with her as they were incredibly bonded. Mum lasted nearly a year after her amputation and by then, there was no way that the daughter was going anywhere...she was a beautifully neurotic, sweet loving girl and I had her until she was nearly 12.

silv

Visit site
I understand the problem of not being able to foster any longer if you keep him. Our failed foster, the fourth dog, forced my hand as she would have been unrehomable without the lengthy rehabilitation she got over the next few months. I had always managed to let our fosters go before but was also getting a bit too old and decrepit for hooligan lurchers and knew it was a good time to stop. This chap looks as if he will fit in easily and happily with an ordinary family if he does not have any special needs. With my serious hat on, I would say, rehome him and have room for the next needy soul.

Yes this is my feeling, I already have a failed foster here! Thanks for all the lovely comments.

misst

Visit site
I would struggle to part with Boo as he just looks so comfortable. However my little terrier x ? boy is mine because someone else fostered him first. He arrived at about 7 or 8 months more or less housetrained and with good recall. We couldn't have asked for a better dog and I am thankful that someone was there in his hour of need. They kept in touch for a long time, have 3 of their own and last I heard pre-covid were still fostering the occasional stray. So to anyone fostering out there a big thank you x

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Pah! We always said no more than 3. I have 8. ?

We can't fit any more in the car!

We seriously considered applying to puppy walk guide dog pups but having had 2 pups of different ages within a year, we have decided against it. I couldn't stand just getting one to the point if being a good house dog, to pass it on and start again.

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
We can't fit any more in the car!

We seriously considered applying to puppy walk guide dog pups but having had 2 pups of different ages within a year, we have decided against it. I couldn't stand just getting one to the point if being a good house dog, to pass it on and start again.
We enjoy walking puppies. OH wanted to walk police dogs but they have to be only dogs. We have two hunt beagles here atm but they don’t go out in the car, at least they don’t need as much work as assistance dogs.