My main massive riding problem

poiuytrewq

Visit site
It's becoming more and more of an obvious issue! I literally am so stiff and unable to bend to the right. It's just impossibly awkward and feels terrible.
We go beautifully on the left rein but I'm useless on the right.
I've been trying! When I hack I purposely try and twist right and if I'm hacking with someone I try and get them on my right so I naturally have to turn to chat but it's hard!!!
Any good exercises that could help me here?
It's one of the main things holding me back and I think part of my insecure feeling.

Fidgety

Visit site
Try Pilates or Yoga. I'm only a month in and I've noticed a huge improvement on my flexibility and core strength, plus all exercises are done on each side of the body :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I recommend going to see a good physio, who will be able to release tight muscles as well as giving you exercises to consolidate the improvements. Pilate's etc would be a good follow up to physio sessions.

meesha

Visit site
Chiropractor, friend had sore neck, pins and needles in hands, dropping things, couldn't turn head round she tried doctor, even had neurologist investigation, went to chiropractor who xrayed neck and back (as they all should in my opinion) then started treatment, she is so much better in half a dozen sessions, pins and needles gone not dropping stuff anymore and able to sleep on her other side! Her neck was a mess according to chiropractor and if left would eventually cause irreparable damage!

I recommended chiropractor as he sorted my neck and back out few years ago, I had spent years not realising I had lasting effects from whiplash, couldn't turn head to look over shoulder, couldn't put chin on chest etc!

Last edited: