My, My, where did this confidence come from?!

RubysGold

Visit site
A lot of you will have read my many posts about jumping. My video of trotting a 70cm course at my first show. Two weeks later cantering round and buggering up the jump off.
Well today, Neil said he would teach me. So I got on, did a couple of little x poles, and was actually feeling quite confident.
He put the fence up to about 2'3 ish, and I said, I cant do that, he said yes you can. Lol, so I gave it a go, did my usual hold hold hold hold while my head was saying 'too fast, slow down' (so obviously she lost all impulsion) but being my honest girly, she rescued herself, and we jumped the fence.
Neil put a cone a couple of strides away from fence, and said when you get here, stop holding, and push her forward, so I did.
I got sooo left behind, I never even started going into light seat, I said to Neil, she jumped that far too early, he told me that because I hold her, She jumps deep, becuase I pushed her on, she jumped that properly.
I ended up jumping a 4 foot fence! Quite a few times, with a cavaletti in front of it.
I don't know where the confidence came from but I loved it! This is me, who about a fortnight ago, Neil tried to teach and I drew a line at 2'6 ish. I got off at the end like
laugh.gif
:D:D:D:D
lol
Nickie

RubysGold

Visit site
Yes definitely
laugh.gif

I'm on such a high
laugh.gif
My instructor was my friend first, and when I'm not at yard I'm at his house lol. Its great, because I can trust him and I trust Roo.
I did scare him though, at start of session, went up to a fence, arguing with Roo every stride, he thought she'd either stop or cat leap and I'd fall. Instead I told her to 'just do it' at last stride and she did lol, I thought about turning out of it at every stride.
Nickie

rach1984horse

Visit site
Well Done you. I am a total wimp when it comes to jumping. A total wimp when it comes to lessons as well, I like to do my own thing. Have been brave today and booked a lesson with a local dressage lady before my youngster comes back from being backed. Is not till next week but am nervous already.

RubysGold

Visit site
lol, highland girl, I know that feeling very well. If it was an actual instructor I would still be nervous, but Neil is my best mate, and he only teaches people at my yard, he is fab though, he could easily be a paid instructor.
I'm a wimp jumping normally, I see a small x pole and go oohhh no, too big, can't do it lol. Thats where the holding her comes from lol.
Your instructor will hopefully be able to help you as much as Neil has helped me.
Nickie

Cheiro1

Visit site
YAY, well done!! your instructor sounds like just the person you need, it is great when you find the right one!