My next equine project horse

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Does this mean that he is grown up now, and all mature and sensible?? :D
Happy Birthday Ted xx

What are you on !, can I have some please !. He has grown upwards and outwards in a spectacular fashion, however, sensible not really. For instance, yesterday out hacking he didn't bother with the biggest tractors and trailers you would ever see on narrow lanes, yet the simple task of allowing me to put a smear of sudocrem on a sore patch behind his ear results in a complete meltdown. He is 'special' in more ways than one.

View

Visit site
Happy Birthday Ted!

My doesn’t time fly. Such a handsome fella, but aren’t they always the ones to watch out for ?

Ted - honestly, you do need to act your age not your shoe size! If you don’t, you might find yourself packed off to an approved school - and you wouldn’t want that, would you?

teacups

Visit site
A belated Happy Birthday to Ted! I'm another one who is wondering how on earth it can be TEN years.

Congratulations to Ted, and to his team who are still upright and largely in one piece by the sound of it. He should have been treating you to cake, or perhaps something stronger - here's to the next decade <cheers> <clink>!

PS Please keep the updates coming.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
She’s learned how to say f£Ck you in all the languages.

Talented !, you best keep her, there are very few talented horses around. Ted is a bit busy today and he has spent his pocket money so no bus fare available to come to you.

Attachments

• 192170693_122123453337908_7982820637259735036_n (1).jpg
    192170693_122123453337908_7982820637259735036_n (1).jpg
    166 KB · Views: 114

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Gosh he’s big isn’t he! He looks fab, loving life and a million miles away from the horse at the start of the thread, you’ve done such a fab job with him.
How are the rest of the gang doing?

10 years have gone past and a lot of water under the bridge to say the least. He is a big lad and kept on a strict regime to keep the weight off his feet. The depth he has is massive but he is surprisingly balanced in his way of going. He only gets on the forehand when he overweight and/or tired.

My maxi cob has taken me to hell and back both financially and emotionally over the last 15 months and I have written Ted's advert out a few times to fund her, but I can't let him go, there is just something about him, I suppose it is all the history. The person that spotted him and sent him to me is very very dear to me and the effort it has taken to get him to where he is now with trust and anxiety issues can't be forgotten. It would only take rough or hasty handling to set him back. Where might he end up ? He is the most genuine and honest horse but he would be very misunderstood very quickly. I promised him a home for life.

His partner in crime and Alice's half brother, Dim Tim left me at Easter and is thriving in his new and far better home than he had with me. He has qualified for Pet Plan dressage finals and I am going to watch. The difference in looking after 5 big horses to 4 has been very noticeable.

Alice continues to keep the vets busy as normal, she has been out small hunter showing a couple of times this year, both days were not to her liking so she sulked.

The old lad is in good order and heading into winter number 28, each day is a bonus with him and he will tell me when the time is right.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
He's looking fabulous, what a great photo!
I just looked at your first post on this thread and had to chuckle at your comment 'he cost me less than the hay will cost to feed him over the next few weeks'.. how times have changed hey!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Halloween 1 Ted 0.

Ted is currently resting with a cold flannel on his brow. The fabric ghost hanging in the next door neighbours tree made an appearance this morning just as he went past. He was fine with the pumpkins on their wall and even the bones in their garden, but the ghost freaked him. He passes the combine harvester, the shoot, groups of horses etc etc, but a ghost did for him. Poor lad, he is very traumatised. All gifts of grapes, gin, chocolate and strawberries gratefully received. His poor rider, who rather remarkably stayed on board when he fainted, is currently sitting in her car looking as white as - well a ghost really.