My old dog as she approaches 11

scats

Visit site
Thought I’d share a couple of pictures from this morning of my dog JD. She is a Great Dane x Husky and will be 11 in May.
Physically extremely fit and well, although these last few months I’ve noticed her getting a little stiffer when she’s been lying for a long time. Doesn’t stop her running around like a lunatic every day at the shore though!
I was a bit worried a couple of weeks ago, and pondered whether she had a bit of doggie dementia setting in, but she does seem to have settled and be back to normal now so I’m just keeping an eye on her for now. She’s a very special dog. I’ve never seen one who looks like her and from the day we got her (at 4-months) to now, people still ask what breed she is.

Attachments

• A6E365B2-C69A-4725-A9E2-B40B571D7824.jpeg
    A6E365B2-C69A-4725-A9E2-B40B571D7824.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 27
  • BEF40885-B45B-420D-8DB5-DBEFBA5DE6BC.jpeg
    BEF40885-B45B-420D-8DB5-DBEFBA5DE6BC.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 28

meleeka

Visit site
She’s very striking. Beautiful. I’d recommend Yumove for older dogs. My JRT doesn’t ever look stiff but she does take a day to get over a lot of exercise, whereas it used to take hours. I’m going to start her on Yumove as it was brilliant for my old Springer.

scats

Visit site
She’s very striking. Beautiful. I’d recommend Yumove for older dogs. My JRT doesn’t ever look stiff but she does take a day to get over a lot of exercise, whereas it used to take hours. I’m going to start her on Yumove as it was brilliant for my old Springer.

Thank you very much. I’ve been thinking about a supplement for her so I will give that a try.
We are also going to invest in a ramp for her. She gets in my car no problem, but our other car is a bigger jump and she has just started to struggle. She’s obviously too big to lift! Trouble is, she can get a bit funny about walking on surfaces (she slipped on the laminate once and took an age to get over that!) so we are trying to find a ramp that we can carpet that’s substantial for a big dog. A lot of the ones we have looked at online have reviews to say they have snapped with the dog on them.

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Another recommendation for Yumove here! We have been giving this to our dogs for years, even the youngsters. We bought some for Jake's sister, Moll, for her 13th Birthday, her owners are not big believers in vet prescribed medicines, although in my opinion Moll needed anti inflammatories for her arthritic joints. Because I knew there was no chance of a vet visit I thought if we bought her something as a present they'd be more inclined to use it. 3 weeks of Yumove later and she is like a different dog. Much less stiff and really showing an improvement. Moll's owners too have noticed an improvement and I'm quite prepared to buy her the next lot, if they won't. Because we see her regularly it is upsetting to see her struggle. She's such a lovely old lass. ??