My poor babies have gastroenteritis

CrazyMare

Visit site
My greyhounds appear to have gastroenteritis. Very unsettled this morning with awful poos. Both have had accidents in the house because they just couldn't get outside quickly enough, and both are utterly mortified.

Initially I thought one just had her periodic upset tummy that passes in an hour or so, but then the other one started and they've both been going every hour or two since this morning.

They are bright enough in themselves, just quiet and off their food.

I'm treating them like my D&V patients at work, lots of fluids, not much to eat, and washing EVERYTHING.

I've arranged for them to have a babysitter tomorrow as I've got to go to work. I'm just hoping they are feeling better tomorrow. They look extra sad for greyhounds tonight.

{97702}

Visit site
Oh no, you have my total sympathy - gastroenteritis terrifies me in greyhounds because they (obviously!) have no fat as it is, so they lose condition spectacularly fast ?

I’m glad they are in the best possible hands with you and I’m sure they will pick up soon ❤️

SpringArising

Visit site
I remember when my boy had it - thank god I was away at the time! My sister got home from doing a night shift and she said she was greeted with a sea of sh*t - on the sofas, up the curtains, all over the floor. I'm not sure who felt worse at that point - her or the dog. He spent a few nights in the vets feeling very sorry for himself but was right as rain after that. Good luck!

CrazyMare

Visit site
Oh no, you have my total sympathy - gastroenteritis terrifies me in greyhounds because they (obviously!) have no fat as it is, so they lose condition spectacularly fast ?

I’m glad they are in the best possible hands with you and I’m sure they will pick up soon ❤️

I'm hoping that Lucky won't lose too much, she's the skinnier, and older of the two. Maggie is a touch overweight despite my best efforts!

They are lying very quietly on the sofa, both wanting to touch me. I'll take them to bed later so I can hear them.

Their babysitter is a vet student so that's a reassuring eye on them tomorrow.

They are definitely not on top form though, they've ignored my jacket potato and they love jackets. Normally I make them an extra potato as they love it so much!

CrazyMare

Visit site
They seem to have more settled tummies this morning which is good. They've had a bland breakfast of gluten free pasta and fish.

My husband has just left for work, dad is about to take them for a gentle wander then their babysitter arrives for the afternoon.

They needed lots of snuggles last night and one slept over my neck and the other over my legs ?

CrazyMare

Visit site
Hope they are on the mend soon, there seems to be a lot of it about at the moment.

Thank you. Much brighter this evening. Met by two bouncy hounds at the door. Keen for their tea, now sleeping their food off, as greyhounds do!

I'll take them to be weighed tomorrow. Lucky is a bit light at the best of times, I do just want to check where we are now.