My poor baby!!

charlie55

Visit site
I bought my boy nearly a month ago, he seemed like he had all he needed with his old owner, gorgeous made to measure saddle, 85pound kk ultra bit and a very expensive hunter bridle etc. She told me she had his back checked the week before and all was fine and his saddle fitted like a glove! Why wouldnt i believe her!!
smirk.gif

He has started being abit of a bugger and arched his back and bronced at every possible moment. Had saddler and back lady out today, GP needed flocking, alot!! Dressage saddle didnt fit at all!!
frown.gif
Didnt think it looked right so hadnt used it, thank god!

Back lady said he was sore all along his back, neck and shoulders and his pelvis was out!! OMG, poor little git! I feel really guilty now
frown.gif

A definate lesson to me about NOT believing other people 100%!!!!
crazy.gif
mad.gif

So anyone got a cheap 17.5" medium/wide dressage saddle to fit a warmblood?? Maybe a swap for my 17.5" med dressage saddle made for a TB... (with fish system) Only used for 3 months!!

xx

annret

Visit site
TBH, different people find different problems so give the woman benefit of the doubt & perhaps she's been mis-advised by her saddler?

samstar

Visit site
I was miss advised with a saddle before, saddle lady said it fitted our 14.3 welsh perfectly, to find out our riding instructor said the opposite and it should have been on a huge heavy hunter, RI then fitted one perfectly for us
smile.gif

mattilda

Visit site
Horses can change shape dramatically in a short space of time. I had the back lady out to mine this morning and I have broken him big time due to his saddle needing refitting. Man do I feel bad, and he has the best of everything!! It's going to take 2 to 3 weeks to sort his back out. I have his saddle checked at the end of every year but didn't last year. Big lesson learned, wrists slapped and won't do it again.

Cyberchick

Visit site
Dont blame the old owner. The saddles probably fitted when she bought them and he will be changing shape.
I could have 3 saddlers out at the same time and I am sure they would each find different issues. Go with what the saddler is telling you now but I am sure the old owner would be mortified if she thought she had done any damage.