My puppy is ill

bonny

Visit site
I have a puppy, just 5 months and he’s very unwell. Hoping someone has had similar and a good outcome. He’s slept all weekend, eating not enthusiastically but still eating. He has very sore eyes which is a symptom not a cause and is not himself at all. Anyone got any ideas, I just can’t lose him, he was a replacement for my dog who I lost recently and I can’t believe this is happening when he’s so young.

ArklePig

Visit site
Sorry I clicked enter before I meant to. I'm sorry about your puppy. This happened a friend last week and she was beside herself, it turned out to be conjunctivitis, her pup is a similar age, and is now mostly fine. I hope it's nothing serious, but he's in the best place. Thinking of ye both!

MissTyc

Visit site
Do you have diagnosis yet?

It could be such a range of things it's unwise for us to speculate, but I'll cross my fingers it's a little infection that's put him under the weather and that will be easily cured with the right antibiotics. xx

isilme

Visit site
First thing is call the vet. Things to look at..
1. Wee if you can collect some do so and take it to your vet with pup.
2.how is his poops
3. Has it got a temperature?
4. What food is he on?
5.could he have got hold of anything not for puppies.
6. Has he had any flea. Or worming treatments?
7. Have you changed washing powder or plugs ins etc
8. Have you been to any dog clubs or new walks?
9. is canine seasonal sickness known in your area?
10. Is he vaccinated?

There are a million and one things so dont panic i could suggest more home test but the vet is always the best call these are somethings the vet will want to know to help diagnose and remember ONLY a vet can diagnose defo not people on the Internet or fb.

Sending healing hope its just simple like an eye infection and pup feeling poop. Let us know how u get on xx

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
There are a million and one things so dont panic i could suggest more home test but the vet is always the best call these are somethings the vet will want to know to help diagnose and remember ONLY a vet can diagnose defo not people on the Internet or fb.
Pup is already at the vets...

Bonny, I hope that he soon picks up, and that it's something and nothing.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Fingers crossed for better news later, Bonny, you must be so worried ?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I presume he is fully vaccinated, if not the sore eyes could possibly be a symptom of distemper, though I would have thought vets would have picked this up. Sending loads of vibes for your pup, how is he this morning?

bonny

Visit site
I presume he is fully vaccinated, if not the sore eyes could possibly be a symptom of distemper, though I would have thought vets would have picked this up. Sending loads of vibes for your pup, how is he this morning?
Distemper is being considered, it is possible but like you say unlikely but then it’s unusual for such a young dog to go downhill without any of the obvious symptoms. He’s still the same and we are back at the vets shortly.

Ratface

Visit site
Hi Bonny. I'm so sorry you're having such a worrying time with your puppy.
Although wonderful companions, animals are almost always heartbreakers for one reason or another.
Usually, joy in their ownership outweighs sadness when they're ill. I do hope this proves to be the case for you and your puppy.