My Scope experience...

NewHeights_SJ

www.newheights-showjumping.co.uk
We left on sat and arrived in the early afternoon... i dont know what i was expecting but when i arrived i was totally amazed at how big it was. We managed to get parked up pretty quickly, but getting a stable was not as easy. We had to unload and wait *with* the horses to be allocated a stable...and afterwards wait ages for a wrist band.

Anyway...onto the jumping. Sunday we were in the ring at the other end of the showground, we had walked the course the day before and i have to say it looked OK. I havent jumped on grass in ages though, and was a little worried about how we'd find the grass after so many competitors and if we could deal with the sloping ground. She warmed up well if a little lazy, but in we went - about the 70/80th to go.

The first few fences rode really well, but the forth was an oxer down hill to a double, which quite a few people seemed to be having problems with. I concentrated on keeping her from running and thought i'd jumped down the line ok, but later found out we tipped the pole jumping in. The last few fences were fine until the very last, an oxer with a water tray. I got a little deep and ended up taking out the front rail. So finished on 8 faults.

Monday we were in the big arena, i was really excited but also a really nervous. I was 103rd to jump and arrived to warm up and still had loads to go before me. Then, someone fell off and we had about an hour to wait while the ambulance came and took her (later found out she as ok). So after the loooooooong wait i thought Fee might be half asleep, but she went in the ring and felt really good. She jumped really well and went clear in the first phase, but then the pilot paniced a little...realising i had to do the JO. I had already decided where to make some turns and that i was going to go for it..unfortunately we got a little long and flat towards the end and rolled a pole through the stile and at the last fence. So finished clear and 8. The ponio jumped SO well i couldnt really be disappointed, but still...it would of been nice to stay for the final
tongue.gif

Didnt get any pictures from the Sun, but a few from Mon:

Warming up:
BSL_0040.jpg

BSL_0050.jpg

In the ring:
BSL_0069.jpg

BSL_0073-1.jpg

BSL_0079.jpg

Befney3

Visit site
Well done!!
grin.gif
Fab pics too.
grin.gif

I think I spotted you near the Challange ring on Sunday. It was the boots & hat that I noticed first. You really stand out in them.

Glad the girl who fell off was o.k. When I walked past they were putting a neck brace on her & getting her into the Ambulance.

Haflinger

Visit site
I saw you yesterday
grin.gif

Didn;t know how you'd done, but well done sounds like she jumped well!
smile.gif

The challenge ring is a bit cr*p I thought lol - I went in early in both arenas (7th and 12th), so the ground wasn;t too bad.

Are you buying any pro pics?

NewHeights_SJ

Trust you Weezy to spot my newest buy!! Its one of those new style jumping jackets, but in a totally different style to the Whitaker ones. Its like half way between those and a show jacket.

You know me - just couldnt resist adding something different to my riding wardrobe!!!!!
tongue.gif

NewHeights_SJ

It was the first time ive worn it as i bought it at scope!

BSL_0088.jpg

BSL_0086.jpg

It is fitted with tie things at the side so you can make it smaller. The shoulders are cut in a way that the fabric folds over itself and the elbows have slits that have reflective bits inside. It is trimmed with brown suede...definitely caught my eye and very comfy!!

Peanot

Visit site
Well done FeeFee. Looks like a great venue, very posh and proper. What class was it, it doesnt look too big?
8 faults by knock downs is good tho, lots better. Well done.