My weekend - Ups and downs!!

MillbrookSong

heartbuster.blogspot.com
Well we shall start with the ups!!

Had a lesson on both the boys on friday with christine hardinge and they were great! Rode song first and he was great jumped some semi decent stuff and did some arena XC - triple brush, skinni and a corner and was great!

Then on to gogs! Started over some poles and it was hilarious! jumped 3 trot poles in one! then on to jumping - finds this much easier so by the end he was flying and was jumping skinnies, corners and water trays as good as gold!! (1st time hes seen any of them and went straight over!!)

Well now the downs!!

Went to goring with song yesterday and i was so looking forward to a nice novice run - was thinking maybe some points?? Well...............

Dressage - he warmed up so well and i decided to do the test sitting as i feel i can ride hime better and basically the judge slated me for doing this and put some rather contridiging comment "ran in to canter but obediant" WTF???

Then on to SJ, he warmed up well so went in feeling that we should just pop round. 1, 2, 3 were good then i saw a long one at 4 and taped him down the shoulder well it just went all pete tong from there!! He ran through my hand and with all the sitting up and keeping my hands down couldnt stop this so ended up with a very dissapointing 5 down!!
frown.gif
crazy.gif
confused.gif

So i ended up WDing from XC as i thought being so annoyed with him i wouldnt ride him to the best of my ability and would end up doing somthing stupid, the ground was also a bit hard and there was no point running him for the sake of it as he ran so well at sommerly last week over the int track!!

So back to the SJ to see what we can do as we have pontispool int in a few weeks, so am just hoping he respects the bigger fences??

Beth, Song & Gogs

xx

Will put pics up later on today or tomorrow of our lessons and the dressage!!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Hard luck typical horses though. Probably best to save him though if the ground was firm. I am sure he will have more respect for the fences at Pontispool.

ElleJS

Visit site
You will probably find it is becasue he needs bigger fences, I had a horse like that! so frustrating! i'm sure he will be back on form for you at Pontispool.

poggio

Visit site
If he's feeling confident at intermediate then the step down probably just turned him into a bit of a cocky so and so...

Im sure its nothing to worry about and he'll have a bit more respect round the int. ! good luck
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Poor you
frown.gif
(((hugs)))
Funny looking through the results from Goring, many had fences yesterday. Its always a beefy SJing course, quite electric with all the tradestands but usually jumps well.
I too had snoopy running through my hands and just charging over his fences yesterday, but thats down to pain we think.

Lesson with CH sounds good tho
smile.gif
and flippen heck Gogs sounds amazing!

Best of luck at the next one sweets
smile.gif

Vxxx