Pictures My year with Cassie.....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Sorry it's been a while since I have been on here. We've been busy, but I guess the main reason I haven't been around much is that my sister died very suddenly in the Spring, and whilst parts of my life carried on as usual, other parts didn't. One thing I have managed to do is focus my energy into is my dressage and Cassie, so I thought it about time I came back and posted about our year. I won't go into the minutiae of our every day life, but will just post about a few highlights.....

We did camp at Wellington back in June which was fab - lessons with Dan Watson and Charlie Hutton, both bringing a lot of different ideas to the table, along with a test riding session.

HHO 1.jpg

Midway champs in August - such a privilege to ride at Hartpury.....
HHO 2.jpg

We qualified for the My Quest Regioanls for both prelim and novice and were placed in both.....

1540854064343.png

We also qualified and competed at the BD Associated Arab champs at both Novice and Prelim and were placed in both.....

HHO 3.jpg

We qualified for 3 Area Festivals at Prelim and one at Novice - sadly with up to 40 in each class we didn't make the finals, but I certainly have no shame about our performances.

And in the past couple of months, we have topped 70% three times, the most recent, a few weeks ago with 72.08%, meaning we are almost there with our winter regional qualifications.

1540854542082.png

This little mare brings me so much joy. She's a tricky little minx, but I wouldn't be without her for the world. xx

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
so sorry for your,loss, i cant imagine how awful that must have been......but well done for your progress with your lovely horse....and hope you can sort the rest of your life out as well....

silv

Visit site
Lovely little horse, you are obviously a great team. I know what you mean about using your horse to focus on following the loss of your sister. My husband of 35 years died suddenly just a year ago and I honestly don't know what I would have done without my horses. Like you I put all my energy into training and competing and go to every competition in the area, which in turn keeps my mind active and distracted. It's just rotten sometimes though and I know what you are feeling.

1ST1

Visit site
Sorry for the loss of your sister...
Cassie and you look great together, she is gorgeous and has obviously come a long way.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your sister, what a shock x
Cassie is looking fab - it must be quite a points haul you're accruing with her now. What are your plans for the winter?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
So sorry about your sister. What a tragedy for you and your family. You look like you have had an awesome year with Cassie. Lovely pictures and wonderful results.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Thank you everyone for your kind words, and Silv, I am so sorry for your loss too. xx

We've just got a few more points to get for our Prelim Winter Regionals before the end of November, and then we will focus on getting our Novice Area Festival qualifications for next Summer. I also try to get a bit of variety in Cassie's work so it's not all about going round in circles!! She goes to the water treadmill once a week now, which is really helping with the straightness. This was her the first time she went - as you can see, she wasn't that bothered about doing it! The water is now up to just below her knees and she does it for 25 mins, so quite a work out!

I also want to get another in hand clinic booked in over the Winter so we can progress with that. :) x

Bernster

Visit site
What a mixed year, and very very sad about your sister. Glad you’ve been able to focus on doing some fun stuff with Cassie though, those are really incredible achievements, well done.