Myler - Eggbutt Comfort Snaffle, Low Port experiences please?

MissJessica

Visit site
I have a new horse, a connemara & every horse I've had it in the past came with tack.
My little pony was ridden in an eggbutt snaffle or a 3 ring French link gag.
I rang Neue Schule and they recommended a verbindend, due to connemaras having a small mouth, big tongue. I don't think he enjoys this bit, it's the right size, his teeth are good but he shakes his head up & down, chomps down on it & is unsettled when I take a half halt. It hangs quite low in the mouth & I think he plays with the lozenge.
I though about trying a myler eggbutt and wondered if he maybe wasn't keen on tongue pressure and therefore try the comfort low palet snaffle.....?
Struggling to find reviews so any users I'd appreciate you to share your experiences......?

Thank you. :)

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
I have no experience of this bit, but if it helps you at all, my little 14 hh mare (cob) hated her fulmer snaffle ( shes only a baby) so I tried her in a couple bits as I needed something for steering, and she really loved her lozenge type but, we settled on a hanging cheek french link and she has good steering, I think you might just need to borrow some bits and see what she likes x

pansymouse

Visit site
My mare has a small mouth and large tongue and the only bit she can tolerate is a Myler - I use a low port hanging cheek for everday and a higher port with hooks for outings.

Farasi

Visit site
My mums TB has been a different horse in a myler comfort snaffle. Significantly improved her consistency of outline and contact. We bought from online bit shop, you can trial before u buy. Perfect as you can have all the reviews in the world but it has to be right for your horse.

Angelbones

Visit site
This is the bit which my chiro/physio recommends quite regularly for horses who need to learn to stretch into a contact and round up their outline. I've got it for my daughter's mare who is head strong, gets tense and turns into a giraffe - it's good for her flatwork and is used for everyday work / hacking etc, but she's too much for it when jumping / hunting.

bluewhippet

Visit site
I got one last year for my arab (who was in obvious discomfort) after reading reviews. Didn't make any difference. In the end, after trying a few different bits, I worked out that his stiff neck was making ridden work hard for him.

Having worked on these issues, the other day I got him a Nathe straight bar and I could feel that he was much happier with this. Would recommend, apart from the fact you can't hire them for trial!

JenHunt

Visit site
i love it (assuming you mean the 04 mouthpiece).... and I've not found a horse who goes badly in it, though as the above show, it does happen....

worht a try I'd say if you can borrow/hire/loan one!