Mystery Nightmare Hacker *PLS READ EVERYTHING*

Winters100

Visit site
Hi,
It has been along time.
So she is retired now. We did have the option of keeping her going but it would be risking her tripping and going down.
ATM the vet has prescribed 1sachet of bute per day (1/2 in morning, 1/2 at night) just to see if there is
any improvement. If not then we are going to take her off it.
She is a very strong pony so the vet said she would be fine to keep her in light work but the option was ours.
They reckon it was bad accident involving going down on her knees that caused it.

Good decision IMO - wishing her a long and happy retirement:)

Ellie Ruby

Visit site
Yes,fine just tryna sort everything out and find her somewhere with turnout with shelter, as she needs an area with straw and shelter so she can go in and out when she wants and lie down.
We were looking at track livery but know where close enough and i wouldn't trust her with her food aggression around hay.

Ellie Ruby

Visit site
There's a livery that has been recommended by the vet but I can't remember what it's called. Apparently it was horses living out but they have a huge barn they can go in and out of. It wasn't track livery. So if anyone knows pls let me know!

Ellie Ruby

Visit site
What a beautiful picture. A lovely update OP and good for you for having the courage to do the right thing and retire her. Phone your vet again and ask about the yard he mentioned I'm sure they won't mind. How lovely she has someone who cares for her in her old age x

Thank you!
Yes I will.

Ellie Ruby

Visit site
You sure pain isn't making her react like this?

It was missing tissue when we had it checked so we had been informed wrong.
I have gone through everything with the vet.
She is being monitored and she has had a full checkup and continuing with the treatment options.
Since being out 24/7 she has been the nicest horse I have ever met (a total change).
But unfortunately if I can’t find anywhere in winter she is going to have to come in early as yard rules.

luckyoldme

Visit site
Ive just seen this thread and its amazing what you have done for this msre.
That livery sounds really good too. Living out in a herd situation would be many a horses dream and the perfect way to spend her twighlight yesrs.
My old boy lived his last years in a small group of horses and it was brilliant seeing them interact just as nature intended.
She is a very lucky girl.

Reacher

Visit site
Well done OP for getting the vet involved and retiring her with pain relief. I hope you manage to find a good winter turnout / track livery system for winter.

I hope you manage to find another horse to ride too

Tarragon

Visit site
Only just read through all of this thread, and I am very heartened by your responsible attitude to looking after your pony. She does look like a lovely sort. You can get a lot of pleasure just spending time with a pony; you don't have to ride it to get enjoyment.

CJoe

Visit site
personally, she sounds like she has a horrendous past, she is clearly trying to tell you she is in pain or unhappy for whatever reason. I couldnt put one through it if it were that unhappy, retire her and let her have a secure and happy retirement....sounds as though there are physical and mental issues at play, no horse is "that bad" without a reason, they just dont work like that.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
personally, she sounds like she has a horrendous past, she is clearly trying to tell you she is in pain or unhappy for whatever reason. I couldnt put one through it if it were that unhappy, retire her and let her have a secure and happy retirement....sounds as though there are physical and mental issues at play, no horse is "that bad" without a reason, they just dont work like that.

If you read the thread to the end the op has updated and the pony has been retired now