NAF Shake Relief

Happy2Hack

www.myspace.com
Has anyone had any success feeding NAF Shake Relief? I'm thinking of trying it for my mare that headshakes but would like to know if it's effective at all.

Thanks!

Cliqmo

Visit site
A friend at the yard tried it with her severe head shaker who reacts to pollen (fine all winter and on rainy days etc) but it had no effect at all
frown.gif
she then tried piriton (sp?) which also failed to work and now has him on benadryl which (touch wood) is working like a dream!!
grin.gif

StinkiPinki

Visit site
A eventer on my yard has had very good results with it, the horse used to headshake so bad it broke its nose in/on the stable , after using this at the loading dose, which seemed rather alot the horse is 90% better and competing at 4* events.

So i guess it works but you need to feed alot of it, better than other options tho!

EQUISCENE

Visit site
Thanks to HHO forum advice I have recently being using Tesco's Hay Fever Allergy relief tablets (similar to Piriton) on a retired headshaker. I have been giving her 3 tablets in a piece of apple once a day at about 10am and she has not shown any symptoms at all not even a snort or sneeze. Amazing considering we are down wind from a field of oilseed rape in full flower. These tablets cost a mere 95p for 7 tabs and I only give them to her on sunny and breezy days.