NAF SuperFlex v EA Cortaflex

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
opinions, experiences please
smile.gif
x

Tiffany

Visit site
Funny, cos I've just been looking at them this afternoon on the web! I started using Feedmark's 'extraflex' a couple of months ago because sometimes I heard a sort of click in my mare's knee. I can honestly say that after a week the clicking had stopped so I was just checking ingredients in other two products as a comparison. Anyway changed my mind, I'll stick with extraflex cos it either works or it's a huge coincidence
confused.gif
smile.gif

Sorry it doesn't really answer your question

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
that is helpful
smile.gif
thank you. ive never heard of extra flex. historically ive always fed cortaflex to my showjumpers as a maintenance measure more than anything but saw superflex in the tack shop the other day and just thought id weigh it up???

brightmount

Visit site
My vote is for Cortaflex, which I feel makes a difference. I tried Superflex for about 6 months and it didn't do anything, nor did Mobifor which is the vet strength formulation of Superflex. Cortaflex is supposed to be better absorbed and utilised because it is made of the smaller isolates of the glucosamine and chondroitin molecules. Whatever the science, I found it more effective.

Having said that I know people on this forum have found it the other way round, so I believe it may depend on the horse.

avthechav

Visit site
sorry for hijacking but it is a related question :) !!!We have a 15 + year old mare who although being perfectly sound has been hunted and team chased fairly hard as a youngster. She is sometimes a little stiff after standing in, and over winter due to livery having restricted turn out she will have to be in a bit more. Would cortaflex or alternative be a suitable supplement to help ease the old bones? thanks

Tiffany

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
that is helpful
smile.gif
thank you. ive never heard of extra flex. historically ive always fed cortaflex to my showjumpers as a maintenance measure more than anything but saw superflex in the tack shop the other day and just thought id weigh it up???

[/ QUOTE ]
You can buy extraflex direct from Feedmark's website. Delivery is usually next day!

brightmount

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
sorry for hijacking but it is a related question :) !!!We have a 15 + year old mare who although being perfectly sound has been hunted and team chased fairly hard as a youngster. She is sometimes a little stiff after standing in, and over winter due to livery having restricted turn out she will have to be in a bit more. Would cortaflex or alternative be a suitable supplement to help ease the old bones? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say yes. If I were you I would start feeding Cortaflex now as it takes a little while to build up the effect and you will have improved the joint fluid by winter.

CBAnglo

Visit site
Agree - 4 months on cortaflex did nothing. Noticed a difference on superflex after 2 weeks and to test it I stopped using it and could see the difference so put them back on it immediately.

But it does depend on the horse.

beanie176

Visit site
I had my resuced cob on Cortaflex for about 2 1/2 yrs for maintenence. Last year she had 6 months of work due to severe arthritis setting in in hock. She has been back in work nearly a yr and after trying various other supplements i now use NAF MSM, not superflex. Its the best 1 ive found and reccomended it 2 sum1 at yard with similar arthritic horse and they saw big difference 2!