Naked!

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Mine too - 2 greys 😳😳😳. Into the wettest, muddiest, poorly drained clay field imaginable.... Maybe I’ll delight you with a post-first-day-naked-turnout photo later... I did feel like a Very Bad Owner at 7am when it was a rather chilly misty 4 degrees and everything else was still up to its eyeballs in turnout rugs....

vickie123

Visit site
So lovely to have the sun on their backs. I have 3 greys and they look like mud monsters but it’s great to see them having a good roll and a scratch.

SEL

Visit site
I turned the Appy out without her rug as well - don't think that white bottom will be glowing in the sun by tonight! She's very itchy and I thought she deserved a good roll to start shifting some of that coat.

Remi's mum - I also fed like a really Bad Owner first thing because we had a frost last night and the field was still white. Glad I believed the forecast though because its beautiful here today and being the UK we could have snow again before Feb is finished.

Auslander

Visit site
Three of the girls are naked too - one chestnut and two dark bays. Don't imagine for a minute that they'll stay clean! The three greys are rugged - one because he's very very old, one because I can't catch him, and the other because he is at the far end of the field with the one I can't catch! And maybe a little bit because they're grey!

Surbie

Visit site
I did feel like a Very Bad Owner at 7am when it was a rather chilly misty 4 degrees and everything else was still up to its eyeballs in turnout rugs....

Maybe we should have a Very Bad Owner's Club? Mine went out all nekkid at 8. Though he also spooked & bogged off back down the track when we had an unfortunate meeting with a lorry & hydraulic brakes on the blind corner. (we share the site with an industrial lorry/plant place & we have to go past it to get to the field) Thankfully no harm done and he snorted like a dragon & jogged all the way back to the field. Am hoping that means a few kilos lost from the excitement...

Alf looks very happy but I bet he's just waiting for your back to be turned before he has a wallow....:)

Auslander

Visit site
Maybe we should have a Very Bad Owner's Club? Mine went out all nekkid at 8. Though he also spooked & bogged off back down the track when we had an unfortunate meeting with a lorry & hydraulic brakes on the blind corner. (we share the site with an industrial lorry/plant place & we have to go past it to get to the field) Thankfully no harm done and he snorted like a dragon & jogged all the way back to the field. Am hoping that means a few kilos lost from the excitement...

Alf looks very happy but I bet he's just waiting for your back to be turned before he has a wallow....:)

There isn't a lot of mud in that field, so the best he can achieve is a light coating (she says, hopefully)

Pc2003

Visit site
My grey went out naked for the first time since October probably. I’m angry at bbc carol tho as she said any mist or fog would be quick to burn away. Nope. It’s still foggy now and only about 5degrees! Oops

Merrymoles

Visit site
Another owner who was feeling very guilty at 7am this morning when I turfed mine out naked and the grass was white with frost! But he immediately had a good "self" groom and then wandered off merrily!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Mine had a naked day too. The grey was surprisingly the cleanest of the lot this evening. My gelding however made up for it as he had a huge, wallowy mud bath by the gate and had massive clods of mud in his mane (plus he hates being groomed). Typical.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
😁 😁 Spring is round the corner! I went back to the yard at lunch to strip them off, I'm not sure who was more delighted me or them! They both love a good roll but I'd rather happy, dirty horses than clean hot ones (I will have to remind myself of this daily in the coming weeks though).

teddypops

Visit site
Mine were all naked today and loved it! It was a bit chillier than I expected but ponies were all fine! I don’t have any mud, so all 4 of my grey ponies were still clean at the end of the day!

sjp1

Visit site
Mine - very hairy - was naked yesterday and today. Had a lovely time for himself - and so much milder this past couple of days. I make myself think that he has a great furry coat anyway, so at 7 degrees even with mist is nothing to me with a coat on - let alone a load of hair!!