Name for my baby?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
So I gave up trying to buy donkeys, cos they just didn't 'do it' for me, and looking for a pair of minis I fell in love with this one. She arrived today. Her name is Libbyjo Graffitti (with spelling mistake!) which is far too hard for such a sweet little girl. She's a year old soon and will make 31 inches max.

Name ideas please?

2015-03-08%2B12.57.42.jpg

ycbm

Visit site

Now that's interesting. I misheard her stud name at first, and thought it was Lillybo, not Libbyjo, and she has been Lillibo in my head all the time.

I do like the other suggestions, and Peanut and Pumpkin are right up there :) Scribble is great, given her colour, but not quite right for her.

I got in touch with the stud yesterday and they were upset that they hadn't been given first refusal. They had an emergency stud dispersal down from sixty three mares to eight, and say she was the best of their last year's foals and they were very unhappy to have to part with her. They want her back. I thought she was a bit more than 'just a mini' when I saw her confirmation and movement when she arrived. She's a little darling, too :)

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
I left it a few days to make sure the name we chose stuck. Lillibo was too cutesy once her feisty little character became obvious. She double barreled my 15.3 middleweight when he threatened to bite her bottom and he hasn't threatened her since. I was really taken with Peanut and Pumpkin, but they didn't feel quite right. Scribble was tempting because of her posh name Graffitti (with spelling mistake!) but again didn't feel quite right. But it put me on the right path, and she is now called Doodle, which really suits her. Thanks for the help :)

suffolkmare

Visit site
oh spooky! Just saw there were new posts here, so started reading and thinking "Doodles would be great with her posh name of Grffitti, why didn't I think of that before..." and then saw you've chosen Doodle! So with her movement, feisty nature and good conformation are you going to show her? Looking forward to lots more cute photos!

ycbm

Visit site
It's tempting but I'm not really a showing person. On the other hand, I was a bit shocked when she came out of the wagon how well she was made, which was why I contacted the stud to find out why they let her go. Her mum is doing really well, apparently. I have been tempted to look up what classes there might be at the county shows near me. She's a lovely little thing, we all adore her already. She's a proper little horse!

ycbm

Visit site
Another for Libby. It is bad luck to change a horse/pony's name.

:D I got married on Friday the 13th and I've changed the name of almost every horse I've ever had :D

She's definitely a Doodle, Or a. Doodlebug, Doodee, Doodoo, Doonotbitemeyounaughtygirl, whichever seems best at the time :)

Last edited: