Name ideas for chestnut filly?

Nasicus

Visit site
For a play on Tara, what about Tarla?

Otherwise you've got the good ol' staples for chestnut horses - Amber, Ginger, Tango, Spice

Bluewaves

Visit site
Red
Bridget (I just like it and it’s Irish)
Lily (orange lily)
Dutch (colour orange is associated with Netherlands)
Blossom (orange blossom)

Last edited:

Ali27

Visit site
Thank you everyone for all your suggestions!
I’ve tried out all the suggestions so far and none seem quite right.
The problem is that she is so pretty whereas my Ginger 14.2 is quirky cute so would have suited names such as Jaffa (Jaffa cake) ??
A few of my friends do like “Tara” and said I should stick with that but not convinced.
I do like the “Apricot” suggestion though as she is a pale chestnut ? Going to try that out tomorrow?

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Clémence.

It's a French girl's name and literally means "mercy, pardon, forgiveness, kindness".

The link to the chestnut colour is that the main brand of chestnut paste over here is sold under the name Clément Faugier.

Attachments

• 51infUf0IvL._AC_.jpg
    51infUf0IvL._AC_.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

millikins

Visit site
It may be a colloquialism from my part of the country but I've heard "Jaffa" used as a derogatory term for infertile or impotent men. Jaffa = seedless :oops: Apologies to anyone with a much loved pet called Jaffa.

vhf

Visit site
I think Tara mean Irish Princess... so Princess, Diva, or something along that theme depending on personality since it's what you'll be calling her in private?!

Or Taboo is an orange coloured spirit?

Or just go with Nonny?

Last edited:

smolmaus

Visit site
I also think Tara suits her but you can't help what names you like and don't like!

I like cherryblossoms suggestion of Rua. Would almost certainly become Roo which is very cute imo.

cauda equina

Visit site
Clémence.

It's a French girl's name and literally means "mercy, pardon, forgiveness, kindness".

The link to the chestnut colour is that the main brand of chestnut paste over here is sold under the name Clément Faugier.
I love those chestnut men with their leafy trousers

ArklePig

Visit site
I came to say Rua too! I'll add to @millikins post that I'd never call anything Jaffa in my part of the world as it's a derogatory term for a Protestant. It is a cute name though if no concerns where you are!

Deltofe2493

Visit site
Willow?

It's a symbol of fertility and new life, a willow branch can be planted in the ground and from it, a new tree will grow in its place. Its ability to grow and survive is powerfully symbolic and show how we can thrive even in challenging conditions.

Nala
Salsa
Pippi (like Pippi Longstocking)
Arizona
Autumn
Strawberry
Merlot
Penelope (Penny)
Rioja

Last edited: