Name needed for a Cruisings Ambassador colt

Flash_28

Visit site
Hi

I’m needing some help to come up with a name. I have rescued a colt foal as he was due to be sent to the factory bless him. He’s a bay ISH with a little white star and 3 white socks by Cruisings Ambassador out of a TB mare. I have no idea on a name for him at all. Needing a stable name and a name to register him with. He is currently registered but unnamed. I am hoping to maybe show jump or event with him if he is able to in the future. I would like his name to start with a ‘C’ as I have been told it is good luck to do that. Also would like to try and wedge Cruising or Cruise or something in his registered name if possible. Just wondering if people would be able to help me or the poor guy will remain nameless forever! I’m not really that creative either!

kerilli

Visit site
Captain Cruise, Captain for short?
Cruising Around?
Battle Cruiser?
Cruising Class?
Ocean Cruise? Sean for short?
what's his dam's name? Congrats on the rescue, poor little chap, hope he's a really good boy for you.

Flash_28

Visit site
Captain Cruise, Captain for short?
Cruising Around?
Battle Cruiser?
Cruising Class?
Ocean Cruise? Sean for short?
what's his dam's name? Congrats on the rescue, poor little chap, hope he's a really good boy for you.

Thank you. Can't wait to get him home and start feeding him up bless him! Looks quite skinny and has a massive patch of rain scald. Would be a massive bonus if he has a nice jump on him! His dam's name is Suirlee Queen. I do like Ocean Cruise :)

only_me

Visit site
Tom cruise
Cruise oceanic star
Cruising over troubled water
Cruise in your eyes
Cruising with the stars
Cruising jerusleum star

Cruise afella
Robinson Cruise
Cruising life
Cruising star
Cruise island

Cruising sea
Cruising along

:p

Flash_28

Visit site
Tom cruise
Cruise oceanic star
Cruising over troubled water
Cruise in your eyes
Cruising with the stars
Cruising jerusleum star

Cruise afella
Robinson Cruise
Cruising life
Cruising star
Cruise island

Cruising sea
Cruising along

:p

Wow! Thank you for so many names!

Hattikins

Visit site
Very exciting! I hope you have a great time with him when he arrives :D

This is the first I've heard of another horse by Cruisings Ambassador! Nice to know there's at least another around :D My 9yr old mare is by Cruisings Ambassador and has a cracking jump - very careful and neat action. She's made a good eventer winning at intro and PN and now competing at Novice. Also has BSJA winnings and BD points. Irish managed to spell Ambassador part of her showname as Ambastor in her passport - whoops!! Not sure whether she looks anything like your new boy...?

FirleBE2008037.jpg

FirleBE2008002.jpg

Sorry I'm rubbish with names but there are some great suggestions! Very good luck with him and look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about him :D

Flash_28

Visit site
Very exciting! I hope you have a great time with him when he arrives :D

This is the first I've heard of another horse by Cruisings Ambassador! Nice to know there's at least another around :D My 9yr old mare is by Cruisings Ambassador and has a cracking jump - very careful and neat action. She's made a good eventer winning at intro and PN and now competing at Novice. Also has BSJA winnings and BD points. Irish managed to spell Ambassador part of her showname as Ambastor in her passport - whoops!! Not sure whether she looks anything like your new boy...?

FirleBE2008037.jpg

FirleBE2008002.jpg

Sorry I'm rubbish with names but there are some great suggestions! Very good luck with him and look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about him :D

Thank you! He should have been picked up today from his current owner so he could arrive as soon as tomorrow or as late as early next week! Can't wait!

Wow! Another Cruisings Ambassador horse. I have to admit I have found only 3 other horses while searching the internet for any information on Cruisings Ambassador. One of them happens to be a little chestnut filly foal with long white socks a bit like your mare! I am glad to have found such a lovely example of a Cruisings Ambassador horse though! Your mare is gorgeous! I love her colouring and the long white socks! She does look clean in that 2nd picture! :D If Foaly has half the talent of your mare I shall be a very happy bunny. I'm hoping to showjump or event him in the future if he is able to do so. What is your mare's name? Also who is her dam?

I def think that we should stay in contact. I am very interested in knowing how you and your mare get on! I will also add some pics as soon as I have Foaly in my grubby mitts! Although I know from a recent photo he does look very thin and has a big patch on rain scald on his back, poor little guy!

3DE

Visit site
I'd check with the stud before you tie the name to the colt. Some studs can be funny about it and don't want youngstock to have the same name line in case the youngster isn't to standard.

Well done for the rescue - we need pics now. How come the poor little un was going for meat???

catembi

Visit site
Oh, you lucky thing! *I* want one!!

Catembi (in avatar) was by Cruising & he is the best horse I've ever ridden (altho he could also be sharper than sharp if the mood took him).

I had a nose around the stud website as I love looking at horses which resemble Cat.

We need photos of your boy!

Flash_28

Visit site
Cruisings Ambassador is now standing @ stud in Byrnesgrove Stud Co Kilkenny,Ireland. Just said i would let you know ?

For more info visit www.byrnesgrovestud.com

Thank you for that! I couldn't find any info on him at all! I only noticed that people had replied to this thread by having a google to try and find info on him! Thank you again.

I'd check with the stud before you tie the name to the colt. Some studs can be funny about it and don't want youngstock to have the same name line in case the youngster isn't to standard.

Well done for the rescue - we need pics now. How come the poor little un was going for meat???

Thank you Inky! Poor little Foaly was going to the meat man as the previous owner couldn't afford him and couldn't sell him. So I have him :)

Oh, you lucky thing! *I* want one!!

Catembi (in avatar) was by Cruising & he is the best horse I've ever ridden (altho he could also be sharper than sharp if the mood took him).

I had a nose around the stud website as I love looking at horses which resemble Cat.

We need photos of your boy!

Hehe Thank you :) Foaly has been home for about 4weeks now and coming on leaps and bounds. There are a few photos in the breeding section on here. Just wish he would make up his mind what colour he is going to be! Can't believe I didn't notice that there were replys before!