name needed for Rottie girl... i'm such a flipping softie...

PerdixPerdix

Visit site
lol, Diesel is probably the best name ever for a rottie that i've known.

sorry ive taken so long, i havent seen the man to give him your number. My oh has since fallen in love and now wants us to have her. i have said NO, lol, as gorgeous as she is we have enough dogs to start a mini rescue as it is and do not need any more! Hope everything works out for her though and her leg gets better, do you think she may have had the problem before and thats why she was dumped? will hopefully be able to get hold of the guy tomorrow if you still want me to.

reddie

Visit site
She's alucky girl with you fndng her. We had a GSD when I was young, also a stray, who my parents called Gretchen, often shortened to Gretch n Gretchie. Good luck with her

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Try some out - you'll know when you find the one which suits her best. I quite like Kerry - but it might lead to confusion! What a nice-looking girl. I do hope she settles and fits in. Tis a very kind thing you are doing, and I wish you all the best.

NicolaC

Visit site
Had another lady come into the shop today and have given her your number. she should hopefully be calling you sometime today. xx

kerilli

Visit site
well.... the saga continues. a really lovely lady came today to see her, thankyou so much hollybell for passing on my details. unfortunately Roxie the rottie decided she is utterly devoted to my OH and me (in that order, at the moment!) and that living in the house with them, being spoilt rotten, didn't suit her as much as living in a pen out on the yard here... she didn't bite, but she got v stressed and gave a few warnings, so we called a halt and brought her back. so, she's staying here (unless another really lovely potential owner comes along, and she loves them more than us... we'll see!)
she is super with us, so soft and cuddly, so she's staying. i don't trust her 100% with my little russells so she's staying in the pen, on the yard, only being walked with the big ones, at least for now...
thanks everyone. any other Rottie advice much appreciated, i've had lots of dogs over the years but never a rottie!

kerilli

Visit site
Out of interest, to introduce her to the JRT's would you double muzzle her (on the basis ,better to be safe than at the vets,!)? Just curious as to how one goes about this.

well, they'd already sniffed her through the mesh fence for a while, and she showed no aggression. she ignored the 2 bigger dogs (rescued lurcher, and patterdale x foxhound) when we walked them all out together, so i let the little ones around her while she was on a lead, and she was fine, incl when they snapped to say 'back off'... typical jrts! no idea whatsoever of their real size or relative lack of power.
so far so good, but she did want to play with the littlest oldest one, and planted a paw on her back, which didn't go down too well...!

cbmcts

Visit site
My male rottie has always lived with my two JR girls (they'd like to be called ladies but after their behaviour today :eek:I don't think so!)

Guess who is in charge??? It sure as hell isn't him :)

I have never ever had a problem with him even with the @rsey terrier types, in fairness he's never been aggressive with any dog - he just tries to hump the bigger ones :eek:

IME, your average rott is loyal, very loving but can be a tad over protective if it isn't trained correctly. They are over sized clowns with a strong will and intelligence so owners do have to make sure that they are doing the training rather than being trained by dog - give them an inch and they will take a mile - or more ;) They do like to be with (or on!) their people as much as possible....and do benefit from having a job of some sort. Mine collects eggs and puts away his toys - he would like to herd cattle but the only time he even thought about doing so, he had to run for his life from a cranky cow...she's an invaluable training aid!

The other thing I would advise since you are keeping her - is get her insured!
The premiums will seem high but they do like to keep vets in the money.....

Vizslak

Visit site
I sold one of my pups to a home with a Rottie, they are best mates, both neutered males and the Parson is in charge even though he came second! Heres Otto (rottie) and Padstow. :)
32530_1520135763737_1244842743_31487371_3554336_n.jpg

cobgirlie

Visit site
Lol!! Clever girl!! She pulled a fast one on you!! :D:D:D

Same thing happened with my last (and I MEAN LAST!!!) addition. I fostered him for 2 weeks, found him a absolutely fanastically wonderful home with experienced lurcher owners, they didn't work and had acres of grounds and 5 other dogs!!!!! Away he went to live with them...2 days later they bring him back saying he wouldn't come out from under the sofa, hadn't eaten and was shaking!! They were so upset and couldn't understand it...at my house he was running wall of death around the lounge, eating all the other dogs food, and generally being a very naughty lurcher puppy!!!

The minute he came into my lounge, he bounced out of the blokes arms and flung himself at my staffies and started playing with them!!!! So he'd obviously decided my house was were he wanted to be and of course he stayed!!! I've always had terriers so getting used to a lurcher was fun but it's worth the hardship!!:D