Name suggestions please :)

ISH_lover

Visit site
I've not posted in here for a while!
Last week I took on a new team member in the form of a beautiful little 5yo section B gelding who goes by the name Spider at home! I've taken him on to produce for the show ring on behalf of my farrier. Here's the catch, sadly his very first owner rescued him and as she didn't know much about horses the poor sod has been stuck with a donkey passport (!!!) so he is due to be re-passported but we feel we needs a bit of a fancier name to be put down on the new one! That's where all you wonderful people come in, please don your thinking caps and fire me some suggestions 😁
To aid, here are a couple pictures (if they work, if it's just my album in general the recent pics of the grey pony are what you're looking for)
http://s173.photobucket.com/user/Ka...133123929464968331_n_zpsbifivw95.jpg.html?o=0
http://s173.photobucket.com/user/Ka...95321570663_n_zpshntazhru.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

be positive

Visit site
If he is a sec b can you not track him back and get a proper passport for him with his original name, the WP&CS are fairly helpful if you know who he is supposed to be, otherwise the showing options will be more limited.

ISH_lover

Visit site
Unfortunately as we are limited in the information we know about him I think we might be stuck and he'll have to be an unregistered welshy and be plaited up

Visit site
Does he have a Microchip? He is young enough for it to be compulsory. If he does you can track him through the WPCS and find out who he is. If he doesn't have on then he isn't registered.

DappleDown

Visit site
Dreamweaver, no, reminds me of that computer program.

If he has a registered name, keep it, I don't like to change names (was always told it was bad luck), but if not registered, I will adapt them so:

Romeo Spider
(it's a car)

?

Do let us know what name you finally decide on!!!!!

Last edited:
Visit site
Keep him with his registered name and get a duplicate passport. Properly registered ponies are easier to sell. It also opens please more showing options for you.

GirlFriday

Visit site
^This. He already has a perfectly good registered name and new owners would like to be able to trace him back as easily as you have.

If he doesn't already know 'Spider' I might go with a more Superman themed stable name but really, for the period of time you'll have him for etc the best you can do is keep the registered name and choose a saleable (appeals to parents & kids!) stable name.