Narrow saddles

Marmalade

Visit site
I'm looking for a saddle for my ex-racer, who is a Narrow / Narrow Medium, but there is literally nothing out there!! I'm sure he'll change shape as he currently has very little muscle after a few months off so I don't really want to buy him a brand new saddle until he's a bit more developed. But does anyone know of a good place to find a saddle narrower than medium?! There must be loads of nrrow TBs out there, but everything seems to be too wide!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
There are a few high wither Thorowgood saddles on ebay. You can get different gullets for them, so it may be worth investigating. :)

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
If you pad the medium out until he's muscled into it i think that would be a better option, i don't think I've ever seen i horse that stays a true narrow fitting for long with proper work unless its narrow with muscle wastage caused by a too tight saddle.

Javabb94

Visit site
When my tb x appy had muscle wastage we got a larger one and padded it out with sheepskin half pad and now it fits fine

LiveryList

www.*******.co.uk
There are always quite a few 2nd hand Wintec/ Thorowgoods avauolable on Ebay which would enable you to change the gullet size- so effectively you could buy any width irrespective and just change to the required size when you get it :)

fatpiggy

Visit site
I've got a narrow Derby House working hunter saddle which is no longer in use. My mare has high withers as well as being narrow over her shoulders.PM if you are interested! I think getting a narrow saddle is really hard now due to the current taste in WBs and cobs. When it was TBs everyone had them!!

Gluttonforpunishment

Visit site
Try the Crosby Narrowfit (if they are still around, had mine about 12 years now).

Fitted my high withered 7/8 TB really well although he did need a thick sheepskin numnah as he was ridiculously thin skinned.

Was about £700 when I bought it new.

Visit site
I have just this morning had a thorowgood fitted for my very narrow tb. He was in the narrowest gullet wintec with a front riser and is now in a medium thorowgood high wither which fits like a dream! would deffinately recommend them as saddle fitter said she hadnt seen such narrow withers in a long time :)

ncarter

Visit site
I'm looking for a saddle for my ex-racer, who is a Narrow / Narrow Medium, but there is literally nothing out there!! I'm sure he'll change shape as he currently has very little muscle after a few months off so I don't really want to buy him a brand new saddle until he's a bit more developed. But does anyone know of a good place to find a saddle narrower than medium?! There must be loads of nrrow TBs out there, but everything seems to be too wide!

I have a narrow black Morris and Nolan Badminton Event saddle that was sold to me to fit my chunky Welsh Sec D. I was told it fitted!!!!! GRRRRR. It is for sale at a reasonable price - PM me if you are interested.