Nathe/Happymouth/rubber?

QueenDee_

Visit site
Just wondering what everyone's experiences/preferences are of these? Have they any advantages over metal?

Looking for a mullen mouth bit and have been doing a bit of research. Nathe seems to be the best, however new these are quite pricey! Happymouth seems to have mixed opinions, with many reporting issues of it making the mouth sore after being chewed. Rubber also seems to be quite mixed?

PorkChop

Visit site
My favourite is a Nathe, they are pricey but I still have a straight bar that I must have bought over twenty years ago and it has been used a lot. No splits or cracks and the material is lovely and soft.

I have a few happy mouth bits, they aren't the cheapest and I have found them not to last, with splits and cracks after only a few months use.

QueenDee_

Visit site
IMO yes. Nathe is very flexible and is relatively narrow. It is also slightly shaped for the tongue. The rubber is less bendy and very thick.

Sorry to add another to the equation! Just found a reasonable priced Sprenger Duo in the right size for sale, how do these compare to Nathe as heard they're very similar?

bluewhippet

Visit site
After trying lots of bit on my head tossing Arab, I did a lot of lunging and hill work and then tried bits again. The Nathe straight bar has been great. Expensive but if it doesn't work out, you can sell it on Ebay for almost what you paid for it - I know because I was watching them!