National Shire Horse Show

deb_l222

Visit site
Just a little plug for the bigguns!!

The national show is this coming weekend (21st & 22nd March) and I just wanted to give it a little mention as it truly is a sight to behold to see all those lovely HUGE beasties in all their feathery lovliness!! Especially when they're being naughty lol.

Saturday is generally boys day (geldings and stallions) but there's also ridden classes until late in the evening. Sunday it's the girls turn (fillies and mares) but there's also harness and decorated classes. I would post a link to the schedule but I'm a bit hopeless and it probably wouldn't work - it is online though.

I would love to go to the big Clydesdale shows but they're always miles away in Scotland so the Shire show is the next best thing for me as it's a bit nearer in Grantham (Arena UK).

humblepie

Visit site
Thanks for the post - unfortunately too far for me to go to watch or might have had a mooch around. Have a good time.

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I have so much work to do to finish my dissertation that I won't be able to go but I hope to see some reports/photos afterwards to get my fix!

vam

Visit site
My friend at my yard is taking her boy, I think for the inhand geldings. I can't go but he has really filled out and come into his own this year. Although he normally the smallest in the class at about 18.2hh, bless h

JCWHITE

Visit site
Please say hi to our friends who are competing for the very first time on Saturday with their very first Shire, a bay 3 yr old.