Naughty nappy horse!!!

wench

Visit site
after excellent performance last time out sj, horse was really naughty yesterday, got to every jump and either ran out or stopped dead at the fence.

He seems to be really good, or really bad. He isnt over jumped, and is physically fine.

Any way I can persuade him to be less nappy when he is having an "off" day.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Are you sure they isn't something a little wrong with him, a slight back niggle perhaps? Either that, or is 'he' a mare?!
smile.gif

wench

Visit site
His back is looked at regulary. "he" has male bits on the outside, hope there arent female bits inside!

wench

Visit site
well he was good on a surface, and naughty on grass, but he has been good on grass and naughty on a surface.

We do sj at home on both

Parkranger

Visit site
mmmm, has he ever had any hock problems? Just that Ty refused to jump on grass once his spavin set in (and quite understandably so!)

Usually a reason if he's normally ok......Oscar is a sensitive soul and if I lean on his shoulders too much he refuses to jump!

wench

Visit site
well i have had him for two and a half years and never had any problems with hocks.Before that I dont know, as he came through two dealers, so dont know any history. He quite happily went round the xc course on grass afterwards...