Naughty or weird things your horse has done

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Hey all,
Just a quick fun post and just so I don't feel alone with the naughty stuff my horse gets upto.
Well this weekend I got a call for the YO to say my horse had taken the gate off the hinges and it was now laying on the floor. Luckily he stayed I. The field, but seriously why did he have to do that!!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
My old pony was always in trouble for something or other including:
Standing and splashing in the water trough banging his shoes on the metal bath making a din at 5am
Breaking into the haylage storage and biting a hole in every bale
Getting stuck in the hen house

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Benji jumped a 5 bar gate into an 80 acre crop field, frequent calls about Gus, normally at stupid o'clock on a sunday morning, which meant that he'd climbed through the fencing again which then involved a 3/4mile walk back to his field. Benji used to run off with hammer and nails whilst people were trying to do fencing repairs. He's pulled off windscreen wipers, snapped off car aerial and broken a wing mirror, well if people leave their vehicle in his field............Paddy used to have a drink then run over to you and dribble water down the back of your neck.

sasquatch

Visit site
I knew a pony who was incredibly cheeky.
I can remember once I was doing the feeds, as soon as he finished he through the bucket back at me and it hit me on the back. That pony was definitely laughing at me.

My horse likes to occasionally have a snack break when he goes out to the field. Or when it's time to come in, he turns to stone and nothing you do will get him out of the field.

He also used to be in a stable where there was a window inside the stable that allowed him to see the horse next door. There was bars up, however he was able to stick his nose through and pull the hay out of the other horses net. He even worked out how to wait until the other horse pulled the net up and grab some then when he couldn't reach the bit at the top.

He also used to have a tote bag with brushes etc. that hung outside his stable. I left a bag of treats in there once, thinking he couldn't reach. He could, and he pulled the treat bag out and shook it so the treats would spill out. Unfortunately he didn't realise shaking it over the stable door meant they fell on the floor outside his stable, not inside. The tote bag was soon moved after that.

I also taught him to bow by accident, he does his carrot stretches but found if he bent a leg he could get to the carrot easier. So now when he wants treats and he knows you have some, he bows. I also taught him to lift his leg on command, however the only problem now is he confuses them so ends up looking like a trick pony if he wants treats.

I did know someone who's horse could unlock gates. So one night he let all the horses out, apart from the field with the horse he didn't like in it.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I know I have posted these before but.....

field2_zps81b5df32.jpg

Only yesterday he was doing this and ripped a shoe off goofing around and he has BD regionals next week, which I cross fingers can still go as I suspect it is too late to rearrange.

Also...

68891142_zps27038515.jpg

Keeping the goofy horse entertained so he does not goof around too much when he is light of work!

Dunlin

Visit site
Hahaha love the jumping out of the field and Buckaroo pics!

I'm lucky in that I have never had one that's been frequently stupid but a friend had an Ardennes that liked to sit on car bonnets which was very odd, dangerous and expensive!

Auslander

Visit site
Spike just removed his freshly applied poultice and threw it over the door. Farrier and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. He is a monster...

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
H loves drinking from hoses and gets really stroppy if you don't let him hold the hose whilst he's being hosed off...

c2d0cf98-c012-4a06-adb4-0575a54f89bc.jpg

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Our trail loan horse who is sadly going home tomorrow as its not worked out (although i am madly crazily in love with him!) managed to pull the water pipe right out of the automatic trough in the field , completely wrecking the whole thing but making quite a fountain spurt across his paddock which he was thrilled with and was highly entertained by catching it in his mouth!

Captain Bridget

Visit site
When Larry gets excited and silly he paws the ground and tries to bite him legs in the process! It's funny until he gets hold of his over reach boots and rips them.

SaffronWelshDragon

www.facebook.com
Safs favourite thing to do is knock rugs off stable doors if she's tied up on the yard. She's not satisfied until every one within reach is on the floor. Being tied up for 5 minutes is long enough for her to get bored and start looking for mischief. She also likes vandelising buckets particularly if they have muck in them :)

10376272_599298956851588_1337845510490262639_n.jpg

She did this and each time i clear it up she did it again - 3 times! I was laughing so much and she was watching me to see how i'd react!

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
Shetland companion pony once managed to climb halfway through a gate. I say halfway because he managed to squeeze his ribs through the bars, but when they popped out he couldn't get forwards or backwards, so waited patiently to be rescued. Farmer wasn't pleased to be called to dismantle the gate to remove a mini Shetland pony who looked thoroughly delighted with himself, and with all the attention... and with the chances to nip people who were trying to save him.

Share mare likes to pick up grooming equipment, chew it, and chuck it. She has thrown my sponge brush into the ferret pen (it didn't survive), she has chewed through a set of reins (she's got better about chewing as she's got older), and she has sent me flying after I got off in the wood and stood next to a small log to retrieve something I dropped. I swear she waited until I had my back to the log before she gave me a very firm nudge and sent me sprawling over it on my bum.

heebiejeebies

Visit site
My shetland is a nightmare for squeezing into small gaps, her favourites are buckets, wheelbarrows and cars if the boot/door is open, she likes to see if she can fit in them.

My horse has a pink nose so gets suncream on in the summer. He likes to wipe his newly suncreamed nose down the back of anyone on the yard who isn't paying attention - it's a common sight to see people walking around with a big white smear down their back, completely oblivious ;)

Fidgety

Visit site
The pone would ignore the paddock arrangement set up by my YO and would limbo under the tape, taking herself where she pleased. One minute she was in with the ponies, the next with the other livery, the next she'd decide she wanted to be alone and by herself in the bottom paddock.

My poor lovely YO has bent over backwards to accommodate my hot house flower's Diva needs for routine only for the pone to limbo dance her way to where she darned well pleases when she pleases.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mine tried to jump out of his box when a mate was half an hour late for turn out. He regularly jumped across a five foot ditch designed to keep him in the field and had to be rescued by encouraging him to jump back over-very dodgy! He sees holes in the fence and just goes through. He jumped the five bar gate to join his mate who was being caught in. He only drinks from the bit of the trough where the ball cock is, I'm terrified he's going to snap it off! He likes to run away from people he doesn't know trying to catch him in. I've asked the staff to catch in one time, never again, took them over half an hour with two of them trying to corner him. :eek:

Feival

Visit site
CC sleeps the wrong way round, so he head is on the bedding and body on rubber matting, She snores like a freight train, licks hoof oil off her feet, or from the pot given a chance, She also licks my ears and the back of my neck whilst i'm grooming her, pulls zips up and down but sulks if the toggle comes off. She has also destroyed more pairs of ear buds than I care to mention!!

L&M

Visit site
Our old shetland pony used to regularly tip the poo picking barrow over - he would follow me around the field like butter wouldn't melt, but as soon as the barrow looked full and I had my back turned, he would tip it over and shuffle off laughing!