Nauseating

Shady

Visit site
I had never even heard of fur babies and the rainbow bridge until I joined this forum I hate them both by the way

Together mine are the Poo Sticks when I want to hustle them a long a bit but sickeningly I call mine Jessie and puppy. It was Jessie and puppy with the last Weim and now it's Jessie and puppy with this one. He responds to this and his proper name.
* hangs head in shame for being so uncool*

{97702}

Visit site
That’s it, nobody must ever speak to Shady again for being so uncool 😛😂😂

I’ve realised that I do call my lot ‘the boys’ and ‘the girls’ at home as it’s quicker than ‘the greyhounds’ and ‘the lurchers’..... they are also a a discriminatory bunch mind you, I have done nothing at all to influence them but I’ve noticed the 2 black ones and the 2 brindle ones tend to pair up 😄

Shady

Visit site
Mine is brother Trev... as in that annoying younger brother (I never had :p ). He’s a good boy but a bad dog :p I use verbals a lot with the horses driving too and they’re often good boys too.
I like brother Trev a lot but I first thought Brother Trev as in a monk:D
When I first got the horses I knew a lovely northern lady and she'd always say '' good lad '' for her ponies and dogs and I often find myself saying it too for my lot now

Shady

Visit site
That’s it, nobody must ever speak to Shady again for being so uncool 😛😂😂
* sobs * :D
I really am so horribly uncool at the moment and in particular this morning when I woke up at 6 to find an elephant size turd in my front room and two heads peering at me over the back of the sofa. They'd obviously had a chat about BOTH looking guilty so I couldn't bollok either of them . Sneaky
Gagging over the smell of it whilst cleaning it up in a decorators face mask was not a look i'd like posted on facebook, especially wearing an economy price nighty that had shrank in the wash so didn't cover my bum..
Thank god Rob was still in bed, there are some looks that should not be shared...!

Chiffy

Visit site
Interesting post I have just caught up with. I wouldn’t refer to my bitches as girls when speaking to someone, I would probably refer to them as my or the dogs. But I do say to them ‘come on girls, let’s go’ or something similar.
I belong to a facebook breed specific group, some of the people do speak of fur babies etc which I rather cringe at. As for the Rainbow Bridge, it’s not something I refer to but I do think it helps a lot of people cope with the grief.

Stiff Knees

Visit site
I like brother Trev a lot but I first thought Brother Trev as in a monk:D
When I first got the horses I knew a lovely northern lady and she'd always say '' good lad '' for her ponies and dogs and I often find myself saying it too for my lot now
Jake is a "good lad", Peril is a "good lass". Occasionally 😉

paddy555

Visit site
Oh! Oh! Just been reminded of something else! People who write FB posts in silly baby/doggy type talking..... no, just no! 🤢

even worse than that. I was put on a private group of puppy owners that had all come from the same breeder. (they had set up the group). Come mother's day Jeez, the comments :rolleyes: some mother's apparently got pressies from their little furkids. Mine never gave me anything, the miserable git that he was.

Then we had the litters birthdays and all the furkids individually wishing their siblings happy birthday. My dog was unsociable and never bothered, probably because he had not been given a present as the rest had.

Then we got to Xmas. By now you are probably all being sick so I will leave it to your imagination and I won't go on!

Beyond any sort of nauseating.:eek:

oldie48

Visit site
Stan is always a "good boy" def don't do furbaby or any of that crap, yuck! Struggled today walking my daughter's 6 month old bitch as I kept telling her she was a good boy, but it didn't seem to matter as long as she got her treat! I am also def not my dog or my horses's mummy. I've got a couple of children and frankly that was enough! I jokingly tell my younger daughter that if I'd discovered horses and dogs before having children, she wouldn't exist!

paddy555

Visit site
Paddy , a friend has a lovely shepherd and the owner of his litter brother posted pictures of all his birthday presents , AND the party bags made up for all his doggy friends ! My friend said she felt like an awful “mummy “ as her lad got sod all 😀

I'm that awful "mummy" as well. He's a dog for heaven's sake! :D

Shady

Visit site
Oh! Oh! Just been reminded of something else! People who write FB posts in silly baby/doggy type talking..... no, just no! 🤢
Complete with a lisp??? * shudders *
Rob has this really annoying habit of saying things like '' oh has the horrid mummy forgotten to feed you?'' WTF,it's always something that horrid mummy has forgotten to do or is late doing coz she's fekking multi tasking her arse off ..........ok i'm going to breathe now:oops:
You get the gist tho , going to throttle him one day:D

Annette4

Visit site
Mine are frequently referred to as 'kids' or 'the kids' but mostly just at home/with OH....they're the only kids we're having.

They also always get birthday/Christmas presents from us and we will label up a present for each other as from the dogs but it's just an excuse to buy more of I'm totally honest ;)

{97702}

Visit site
Complete with a lisp??? * shudders *
Rob has this really annoying habit of saying things like '' oh has the horrid mummy forgotten to feed you?'' WTF,it's always something that horrid mummy has forgotten to do or is late doing coz she's fekking multi tasking her arse off ..........ok i'm going to breathe now:oops:
You get the gist tho , going to throttle him one day:D

Shady don’t be so nasty and horrible to the wonderful Rob, you know he is a total superhero 😛😂😂😂

I used to end up muttering under my breath “well mummy thinks you can all **** off” in situations like that 🙄

Clodagh

Visit site
Mine are frequently referred to as 'kids' or 'the kids' but mostly just at home/with OH....they're the only kids we're having.

They also always get birthday/Christmas presents from us and we will label up a present for each other as from the dogs but it's just an excuse to buy more of I'm totally honest ;)

I give you that, the dogs buy everyone a present, but only because I buy so many and the kids don't believe in FC any more. It is far more likely that
1. a labrador would get pocket money
2. Said lab would save money and not blow it on treats
3. would then choose, buy, wrap and label a present....
Still, it makes me happy. BUT I am NOT their mum!

Stiff Knees

Visit site
I do say 'girls' at home (me hypocrite) but would never refer to them as the girls when out and about.
Like PAS what we same at home and what we say in public...
Oh yes I had forgotten about Rainbow Bridge, I HATE that. Sorry to those to whom it has given comfort.

Having just taken the yellow ones out for training I realise I also call them the 'Yellow Perils'
Peril's real name is Boo, but she has been called the Yellow Peril, shortened to Peril since the moment she came to live with us, sometimes she is Feral Peril, sometimes Ginger Ninja. 😍🐾 We never call her Boo, she is much more Peril than Boo!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Yes 'fur kids/babies' is vomit worthy.

My westie generally gets called (and answers to) variations on 'grub', for obvious reasons. One of these variations is 'baby grubskins', so I guess that's probably as bad as 'fur babies'🙈

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Paddy , a friend has a lovely shepherd and the owner of his litter brother posted pictures of all his birthday presents , AND the party bags made up for all his doggy friends ! My friend said she felt like an awful “mummy “ as her lad got sod all 😀
We put a small advert in the occasions section of the local newspaper, with picture, announcing "The Boo is Two". (Hangs head in shame). That was 9 years ago. I'm sorry. Not sorry.