Navy velvet Gatehouse or Charles Owen h2000 riding hat?

Zoe123x

Visit site
Hi, i can't decide between the gatehouse riding hat or Charles Owen hats? Its the navy velvet show hat im looking at :) Which one is the better one?
Thanks! Zoe

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Whichever fits correctly - I'm guessing they're made to the same safety standards so I would either get one professionally fitted or read up thoroughly so you can find the prefect fit. A hat isn't safe if it moves or is too tight.

Coop

Visit site
They are both different shapes/fits inside, the Hickstead just has the bsen standard and the Charles Owen H2000 has the bsen and the pas standard, the H2000 is a bigger hat because of this, which is why the Fiona is neater like the Hickstead as its just got the bsen standard too.

For straight showing I'd choose the Hickstead or Fiona. Try them on and buy it in a shop, after postage you rarely save much if it appears cheaper online and they all do vary slightly as all the hats are hand finished. x

C&C

Visit site
I tried on so many different types of the Charles Owen show hats and gave up, they just dont fit me properly and looked horrendous.

I ended up buying a Caldene Prestige...lovely hat, fits nice, looks nice and half the price!!!! ;)

Helbert

Visit site
I have a round head, and I wear the Charles Owen Showjumper. I stood in the long isle at Ingatestone Saddlery and tried every single hat on and I just prefered the look (bit vein I know). Didn't realise it had all three safety standards until I was stood at the till.

Amaranta

Visit site
I too have a round head and have just replaced my Charles Owen with a Gatehouse - I went for the bling version saddo that I am :)

Tzarinaarabians

Visit site
I have a Patey or the Beagler Classic for showing, but if at a show where you have to have safety standard headwear, I have the Fiona. I found the others too round.