Nearly a year old - unbelievable!

palo1

Visit site
It is such indoors weather today that I have been looking through some of my photos - it's been quite a big year for me with a new dog and a new young horse in the last 12 months!! I 'believed' that if I was going to be spending more time at home and not riding because of having a pup here then I may as well get a young horse too and spend 12 months dashing from one to the other!! Amazingly, so far the plan has worked out ok...pup is housetrained with excellent recall if not many other 'skills' lol and the mare has been started, ridden away and turned away with no issues at all. But it is pup that has made a very dramatic difference to life here - so here he is!! 2 years ago I didn't even know that Irish terriers were a thing...

First pic - at 9 weeks old - first day at home, 2nd pic at 6 months, 3rd pic - very recently (he was playing lovely bitey terrier games with his friends - not showing his teeth in temper lol!!, final pic - recently out on the hill. I just can't imagine life without him now and my older dog is sooooo much more relaxed for having the irritating little blighter hanging off her neck every 10 minutes. I just wish I had been able to give her a friend earlier, when she was younger. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_124856.jpg
    IMG_20190526_124856.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo0205 (2).jpg
    Photo0205 (2).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20191002_101201.jpg
    IMG_20191002_101201.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20191201_142503 (1).jpg
    IMG_20191201_142503 (1).jpg
    941.4 KB · Views: 32

palo1

Visit site
Aw, I know - it is frightening how quickly it goes. Can't wait to take my chap to the beach for the first time but waiting for a decent day!! :)

{97702}

Visit site
He is gorgeous Palo ? I never had any doubt that he would come out to be a well behaved well adjusted dog, I remember your posts when you had done your research so thoroughly and were waiting patiently - if only everyone was like you, instead of this ‘I most have a dog NOW’ mentality!

Time really does fly - I’ve had George 6 months now, it seems like a lifetime ?? - but you’ve got many more happy years together for sure ?

palo1

Visit site
He is gorgeous Palo ? I never had any doubt that he would come out to be a well behaved well adjusted dog, I remember your posts when you had done your research so thoroughly and were waiting patiently - if only everyone was like you, instead of this ‘I most have a dog NOW’ mentality!

Time really does fly - I’ve had George 6 months now, it seems like a lifetime ?? - but you’ve got many more happy years together for sure ?

You are too kind - there was/is every chance he would/will turn out utterly delinquent as my standards in dog obedience are probably at 'basic' terrier level and I rarely have to cope with public dog outings which might shame me into better ways!!! However, he fits in here perfectly and we all love him and thank him for helping my old girl in her later years. She truly is a changed dog thanks to having a confident young companion. Bless every hair on their bodies.:D:D.

palo1

Visit site
He is wonderful. What a lovely last picture. So smart :)

Thank you! He does look a bit peculiar I reckon in this photo but the qualities of gingerness and wiryness are well displayed!! :) I am a fully paid up terrier fancier now...:p:p