Nearly an oops moment!

BBP

Visit site
Out for a run with the dog at 6am to beat the heat and we meet a chap with a fox red lab and a black flat coat retriever. He puts both dogs on lead and they come past. My dog and his fox red have a very polite and friendly greeting and we all carry on our separate ways.
Further around the loop we meet again, and he asks if my dog would like to play off lead with his fox red as they had met nicely before and I had commented that my dog had had few nice dog interactions lately. So I thought why not, nice safe area. Let them off and they had a nice bounce around together. I then joked that mine was getting a bit personal with his sniffing and the guy said ‘oh yeah, she is in season at the moment’ ?!! I quickly grabbed hold of mine and popped him back on the lead. It has never occurred to me that people let their in season bitches run around off lead around other dogs so I never thought to check. He knew mine was entire as we as talked about why he kept the flat coat at a distance. His dogs were really well mannered and he was very thoughtful in how he managed the flat coat, so I think just a brain splat moment from both of us.
No idea what a sporty fox red lab (She was a stunning dog) x blue Merle collie would look like, could probably sell it for £3k!

BBP

Visit site
I reckon it was planned by him, if he already knew that yours was entire. Prices for fox reds, merles and puppies in general at the moment are sky high. He probably thought he'd get a free stud and even get a contribution from you!!
I did wonder! Even cross breds are going for a small fortune aren’t they.

twiggy2

Visit site
Well it's not something I would do but our bitches are walked with all the other dogs including entire ones when in season, apart fromwhen they are at the stage they will stand.
Everyone behaves as normal unless the girls are ready to stand so maybe he knew his girl wellenough to know she was not ready and would just play.
They are not ready to mate the whole tome they are in season it would be a very long three weeks or so.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Bloody hell, having use heard that yours was entire, I can’t help but think that was deliberate! Surely nobody is that daft?

scats

Visit site
I wonder if he had a little plan there!
I don’t let in-season bitches off lead and I try to keep their walks to areas that are not as populated by dog walkers. I only ever let them have one season and it’s a pain, I have no idea why anyone other than a breeder would want to keep a bitch unspayed, but maybe that’s just me!
My mums friend tells a hilarious story of the day she was out with her in season yorkie and ended up climbing up a children’s slide at a playground to get away from the 3 entire Male dogs who had started pursuing them while they were out.

BBP

Visit site
I wonder if he had a little plan there!
I don’t let in-season bitches off lead and I try to keep their walks to areas that are not as populated by dog walkers. I only ever let them have one season and it’s a pain, I have no idea why anyone other than a breeder would want to keep a bitch unspayed, but maybe that’s just me!
My mums friend tells a hilarious story of the day she was out with her in season yorkie and ended up climbing up a children’s slide at a playground to get away from the 3 entire Male dogs who had started pursuing them while they were out.
She was a lovely dog and looked quite young so maybe just not at an age to be spayed yet. They certainly would get more than they bargained for with my daft dog as half the genes. Besides, I havent had the birds and the bees chat with him yet so he doesn’t know about these things yet!