Necarne

Skhosu

Visit site
Quick report, will add more later. We went intending to completed, hopefully clear x+sj. Got through the trot up no probs. Weren't last after dressag, second last on 71.2 or something similar (got 'well tried' on one sheet...) . Was the only one not in top hat and tails but anyway. XC was huge and technical. Took straight line on a double of angled logs and missed, so a run out there then went on over more huge fences. Got to 18 and pushed for a long one (like I had been all round, scaring him) and he couldn't so put down in the ditch and had to climb out (me still on board although did think of getting off but was a run out). went for the alternative (v. similar but a bit of brush in front) , slipped on the turn, I slipped off. Got on and tried the skinny, but couldn't get to it well and he didn't want to know. So retired there, although kicking myself now for not trying again. So very disappointing overall.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Such a shame, but what a great achievement to have qualified and got there to have a go - no-one can take that away from you, so well done.

Skhosu

Visit site
7th in the 2* I think?
Would be another day but supposed to be selling him now, and have a decent bit of interest. We'll see( have an offer of a possible home where I could event him in the summer... parents are coming round)

CastleMouse

Visit site
I was keeping up with the results throughout, such a shame
frown.gif
A friend was competing in the CCI** with her two horses, what was the CCIJ* course like overall?

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Well done for getting that far, lots of people didn't make it over 17!! Were you doing jnrs? I thought it was a good course, but big and technical.

Thought Matthew Wright rode all 4 horses brilliantly, so well deserved result for him.

Hope you get to keep the ride on your horse, then you can come back next year!

only_me

Visit site
sos to hear bout fence 18 - that was a huge jump! was going to say hello but we were fence judging no.3!!

have decided that thats what im going to aim for next year, the junior 1*, but we have only done one pre-novice (but we went dc on a dr of 25)!!

i thought it was a decent track, and the stone circle was a lot nicer this year with no water, and that for a one star it was big and then i saw fence 19!! lol that was a BIG jump!

why did fence 17 cause a lot of probs? it shudnt have, but i assume that horses were on a long stride on the uphill before, and just not getting the distance. it caused i think 2 probs in the junior 1* and masses more in the senior 1* - why???

ah well i was just a spectator so hopefully we can ride there nxt year!!

Skhosu

Visit site
Thanks all. about to drop off my seat I'm so tired.
I was no. 47 in the juniors, dark blue with blue spots? Thinking about it had a fantastic run until 18 and if I had ridden it properly and not paniced, we might have finished.
Aim for it, it was a real eye opener though!

4whitesocks

Visit site
My YO went up for her first outing up there (second only 3 day and the last one was 10 years ago!) she came 45th out of about 82 which considering she was third last after the dressage was quite a result

Well done you though - fair play is all I can say!!!