Neck strap

Pink Gorilla

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a neck strap for a cob with a chunky neck? Where did you get it from and what size? My adult stirrup leathers are still not quite loose enough around his neck.

little_critter

Visit site
I use a single rein. Put the billet through the buckle hole then tape securely with insulation tape. It’s less bulky in your hand than a stirrup leather and a bit longer.

Pippity

Visit site
Horsemanship Saddlery do nice ones, complete with attachment to saddle. I use a Shires one with a bit of paracord and a cheap carabiner that'll snap in an emergency.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Oh, I do like the look of the Henry James neck strap, and it goes up to a decent size.

This is the neck strap of a full size martingale of an unknown but cheaper brand. It's much neater than a stirrup leather. It's a 60" length on a 16.1hh chunky IDx, and it does the job that I need it to.

3F39F49C-E822-4DE1-9574-7D758C3E531F.jpeg

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Oh, I do like the look of the Henry James neck strap, and it goes up to a decent size.

This is the neck strap of a full size martingale of an unknown but cheaper brand. It's much neater than a stirrup leather. It's a 60" length on a 16.1hh chunky IDx, and it does the job that I need it to.

View attachment 90867

I was using a stirrup leather but them saw the Henry James one in the black Friday sale and treated myself.

Visit site
I call them Holy Crap Straps. They are funny things. You hook a finger through incase of trouble but the minute you into trouble the first thing you do is let it go and haul the horses head up off of the floor ??

Nicnac

Visit site
I put two together, cut it to size and put some new holes in. Couldn't find one big enough for ID. I personally don't use it but sprog won't ride without it.

Am with Elf on a Shelf!

Horseysheepy

Visit site
I always put hunting breastplates on young ones for that handy grab strap over the withers. Also helps if you put your little finger through it for extra support, not socking them in the mouth, or when bridging the reins on a puller.
A stirrup leather is also very handy and simple, also doubling up as a spare if you break one out and about!