NED - Weatherbys

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Has anyone else noticed you can no longer access the breeding of a Weatherbys reg horse through NED any longer. If you put the horse's name in you will just get details of the horse, it's sire/dam come up as unknown & there are no reports!!

This has happened recently so does anyone know why? The only thing I can put it down to is Weatherby charge for this info, so wont appreciate it being available cheaper elsewhere. If they have pulled if for that reason, then I feel that is just pure pettiness & another indication of how we just can not work together. I really hope I am wrong
frown.gif

Penniless

Visit site
Having been into NED to check on our horses details - every one of them was wrong in some way - wrong colour, wrong breed, wrong date of birth. 99% of our horses are Weatherbys registered, and the 1% is registered BWB and hers was totally wrong too. I honestly don't think NED is working.

It's easy enough to access details on Weatherbys registered horses, and they are also very happy to supply breeding details etc over the phone free of charge.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
No something has happened, horses records that were accesible before are not longer available. Also the whole point of having access in this way, is it available to suit. If I want to access it out of work hours/weekends I can, I dont have to wait for someone to answer the phone. My friend had to ring Weatherby's as there was a query over the passport, they got passed to 3 different people. Then they found out that one of the foals was not even recorded with Weatherby's. The French TB association has a record, & Weatherby's have a note of the other French bred foals, just not this one. So are any records complete, doubtful. All I know is NED was/is incomplete in many areas, not helped by some of the societies, ie AHS!!

angrovestud

Visit site
I bred and registered our foals with Weatherbys the foals have never had any other owners, but us can I find them on NED no I think NERD is more apt!
I entered the passport nos names of sire and dam dob,Big fat 0 came up I wont even look at it now.waste of tax payers money.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
But is this NED's fault? The information was there & was accurate. So something has happened for all the data that was availble on these horses to no longer be.

JuliaFSH

www.ipcmedia.com
There was an unexpected technical fault with the link between NED and Weatherbys which means that we were unable to show Thoroughbred pedigrees (and associated reports) for a period of time over the weekend. The problem was resolved by early Monday morning and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will look at ways of improving the alerting if the link becomes unavailable in future to ensure as far as possible that the full functionality of NED is available 24x7. The issues was at the NED end of the link and the relationship between Weatherbys and NED is excellent, allowing NED to show the pedigree of over 400,000 Thoroughbreds dating back to 1965. NED Admin Team