Nedz Bed Pro

Astra

Visit site
Has anyone used this? What are your thoughts? I'm considering moving my gelding onto it. Currently he is on shavings. He isn't particularly wet but he does tend to tred in his droppings overnight and he does lots of little ones so the whole bed turns into a brown mess very quickly.

I like the sound of only taking the droppings out every morning as currently i get up at 5am to do him before work and anything to cut down time and give me a few extra mins in bed would be great
laugh.gif
It's also cheaper than shavings which would be a bonus!

Here is some more info about it.

Nedz Bed Pro

A

nomini

Visit site
I had both my horses on it. My mare was very dirty and ended up using 3 or 4 bales a week which was too expensive so she is on straw now. Had my gelding on it too, but wasn't very keen on it. Have changed him back to shavings, which I find a lot easier. Probs just my opinion of it though as I know other people who hve used it and still use it and really like it
smile.gif
Good luck trying it
smile.gif

Astra

Visit site
Why didn't you like it for your gelding? How would you describe his stable habits? eg: wet, lots of poo, mixes it in, etc. Also how much did you put in to start with?

A

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
i have used nedz beds pro for the last two years or so and it was brilliant! only took the wet out once a week but there was hardly any to take out. I found though that you have to have a good bed to start with to keep a good bed! It was far less dusty than shavings. The only problem i could see was if your pony tends to eat their bed. Mine didnt but my friends did so she had to go back to shavings.

nomini

Visit site
Put in loads to start with, he is very wet! Poos always on top, never mixed in. Found it quite hard and when mucking out with gloves was sometimes quite sharp but just my opinion! As I said in previous post, have friends who love the stuff!

mandy4727

Visit site
If you have a cleanish horse it is fine. But other than that. Stick to shavings. I put my filly on it as going through loads of straw. First week it was okay. She walks round wees and poos a lot and mashes it all in. The bedding became very very heavy to work with and would have had to use about 3 to 4 bales a week (at £4.30 a bale) too keep her bed how I liked it. So back to straw with her. If i had the money to use for bedding I would stick to shavings. They only wee and poo on it after all. I was paying more for bedding than I was for haylage!!!!

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
been there and done it.
my pony is clean but it wasnt working - now - i think it was because i got it from them before they had the fire at the plant and got the newer machine and seemed to reinvent it - i loved the basic stuff - that wasnt medicated (the medicated stuff got on my throat let along a ponies that may lay on it!). before i stopped using it, i was using a shavings base under to absorb the wet better - o - this is a shetland pony btw - not a big horse who treads it in etc!
i think it all depends on what you want and the horse etc.
i am currently using CUSHIONBED and really like that - but again - all depends on the user
Good luck with trying it.